How I can change the font size on the Second Life's interface

GalloLoko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody! I'm new.

First of all, sorry if this post isn't supposed to be here.

I wasn't able to find a way tochange the font size on the Second Life's interface. I'm not talking about the chat but the whole interface. I hope you can teach me how to do it, if that option do exist.

Thank to whoever helps me! :)

and a fair warning... changing the UI size can lead to buggy behavior in the editable text boxes with SL. bugs for cursor position and font kerning have popped up multiple times because of it. some have been fixed (more than once in some cases) and others I don't know the status of.

• 7 months later...

Hiro Fluffy wrote:

I don't understand why I can't just change the font size.

What do you tell people with poor vision? Suck it up and deal with it?

The reason why there is no "just change the font size" feature in the interface is that there is defined limited space for the texts in the UI. If you were just to increase the font size you would run out of space in many places. With font size increase, naturally the field where the text is would have to grow too to accommodate the bigger text. And in many places there just is not enough room to grow the text field.

PS

In Firestorm (version 4.0.1.27000) there is font size adjustment.  I have not experimented what text elements it affects.  But there is the warning "Default 0. Larger values may not work well."

Firestorm-font-size.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I use phoenix/firestorm viewer. In the past as is shown on this topic you could scale the UI to make it larger.. 

I have no option to do that.

I've asked multiple people, groups and none seem to know how/where this option has gone. I have googled multiple ways to figure out where this option to scale the UI was placed becuase it is NOT on the current firestorm version or mine glitched upon downloading it magically?

https://gyazo.com/a4e2d7f3a7e390090df7641b1e8b48a7 - where it should be based on the photo listed in this thread which is where I remembered it to be in the past

https://gyazo.com/a054681f2e96d1e365d32d7f77bafab2 - current version of the viewer I'm using.. So I'm not sure what is going on...

I'm legally blind and even having all text up it makes it very uncomfortable to even be on long..

Fatima Lycia wrote:

I use phoenix/firestorm viewer. In the past as is shown on this topic you could scale the UI to make it larger.. 

I have no option to do that.

I've asked multiple people, groups and none seem to know how/where this option has gone. I have googled multiple ways to figure out where this option to scale the UI was placed becuase it is NOT on the current firestorm version or mine glitched upon downloading it magically?

- where it should be based on the photo listed in this thread which is where I remembered it to be in the past

- current version of the viewer I'm using.. So I'm not sure what is going on...

I'm legally blind and even having all text up it makes it very uncomfortable to even be on long..

Go to the "User Interface" side tab (the first one below the one you used in your screenshot) and then the "2D Overlay" top tab. That will allow you to scale all the UI elements.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.