All items of clothing in some boxes have "alpha" icons next to them, and they don't show when "worn"

HannahValentine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Recently, I've received a number of boxes of free outfits where every article of clothing that's part of the outfit has the "alpha" icon next to it. I don't mean that there are alpha layers included in the box with the other articles of clothing. I mean, every separate item is listed as an alpha layer even if they are described as pants, top, skirt, etc... Needless to say, when I try to wear the contents of the box, they don't show up at all. Today, I bought an outfit pictured on the box as a bodysuit made of ivy, and there was only one thing in the box....an alpha layer labeled "ivy shirt". I tried to wear it and I'm just plain naked.

Is there a trick to wearing alpha layer "outfits" that I don't know about?

Thanks, Acudoll

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

There is no trick to wearing alpha layers. It might be that whomever sold you the free clothes weren't able to transfer the clothes, just the alpha layers.

I would try different vendors, an alpha layer makes whatever it is covering invisible, useful in shoes and prim clothing, and more recently, mesh. 

• Like 1

With all respect to Charlotte and Lyra, this does not sound like an ordinary problem, especially if items you got from two different places list all their contents as Alpha layers.

I'm guessing it's something screwy on your end.  Try doing a complete clean re-install of your viewer.  Log in to an empty region, like Heckendorf or Pooley.  Wait for everything to load in your inventory.

1.  Check to see if the problem items have changed their type.

2.  Buy something else...a freebie, by preference.  See if it contains the correct items, and they are wearable.

If the problem is still with you, file a support ticket with Linden Lab.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.