Field Seperator/Delimiter and/or Hover Text mover/Mouse over help

nycbard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a field seperator in LSL?

I am trying to use an UUID and use a field seperator with a set delimiter to create a list of values. Then i would cross reference the values against a table and have a visual output. Kinda like using a hash in Perl with "Key" => "Value". is that possible with LSL?

if this idea is too complicated, my second alternative question would be;

How can i move the Hover Text to a location of my choice?

If an objects displayes a Hover Text, can it be set to a default location to be displayed about 1 meter from the object? which function would i use?

in other words, how can i use another set of prims to act as a "mouse over" from a matrix of items displayed?

I understand that's a complicated and loaded question and i do not seek to have someone write the script for me, just give me a direction of functions to look into so i can figuer this out.

Thank youf or your help

A list is comma delimited by default:

list stuff = ["apples", "pigs", "baseballs", notebooks", "daiquiris"];

If you create a string variable, you can insert delimiters of your own choice:

string stuff = "apples#pigs#baseballs#notebooks#daiquiris";

and then unpack it later with something like list temp = llParseString2List(stuff,["#"],[]); 

You can't move hover text.  You can only move the object that it's in.  You can add \n to move text up if you want, but that's it.  The exact position and size of hover text changes with each person's viewing position.  There is no "mouseover" function in LSL either.   Your only shot is convince people to set hover tips in Preferences.  In Firestorm, that's Preferences >>> UI Extras >> Basic Hover Tips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.