Linden Home Problem

brando5393

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice about a problem I am having with my Linden Home. Every time I try to go to my home, I end up getting stuck in the roof or being flung a good distance away. I don't know why this keeps happening, but whenever I so much as get within a few feet of my house I am tossed into the air and away. Moreover when I get stuck in the roof my movement controls don't work save for allowing me to rotate my view. I spent a good amount of L$ on stuff for my home so I don't really want to return the home and have to start from scratch. I installed the update for the viewer last night, (I haven't been on SL in a while) but I don't think the update is the problem as I only have this problem when I try to go to my home. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

The next time you go there, try changing your landing point to somewhere in your living room or do a new position home set :)  See if that helps.

ETA:  Didn't notice at first read about you getting flung away...don't know what that's about :(

I don't have a Linden home, myself, so I'm not sure precisely how they work. I'm guessing you could have security that's acting up? If you have neighbors, might they have a security orb of some kind that's affecting you? Do you have a security device that could be malfunctioning?

I suggest you contact support, file a ticket, try live chat, etc. They should be able to fix the issue, or tell you what's going wrong with it.

I wonder if this (or anything like it) happens to others when they approach your home.

As others have suggested, it sounds like a combination of a mislocated landing point (which could strand you helpless inside a roof prim) and some physics script -- most likely a "security" device, but not necessarily -- pushing away visitors as they approach.

So, I think I'd start by checking the parcel's "About Land" and switch teleports to not use Landing Point, checking the Object tab to make sure there's not somebody else's scripted object on the parcel,  and turn off Push.  (Turning off push, however, will not prevent pushing by objects owned by the parcel owner.)  Then perhaps find a new spot on the parcel to "Set Home to Here."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.