Cyber Bullying, should linden labs be stricter?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I mean clearly you have some predisposed notion of me or something so therefore your opinion is irrelevant to me, Blogspot wouldnt remove a certain persons blogs because of plain 'slander'..and FYI people like you are the reason victims of bullying actually stay silent. feel free not to respond.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My "predisposed notion" of you was gained by: reading your blog (which you originally linked to here); reading other blogs; reading comments here; reading your inworld profile; etc.; etc.; etc. Taken altogether, what other "predisposed notion" of you do you think I could possibly have?

Do I think that your alleged "cyber-bullies" have acted honorably or in an adult manner? No. But they also didn't come here crying for sympathy and calling for stricter rules.

Harlee Fallen wrote:

..and FYI people like you are the reason victims of bullying actually stay silent. feel free not to respond.

As a child and as a teenager, I was the victim of many bullies. You are no victim of bullying.

Your efforts to promote a valid topic are being sidetracked. This thread is going nowhere fast. It is not fair to ask Residents for their opinions and then attack them if you disagree.

The Forum Guidelines are in place to promote an open and friendly exchange of ideas. This thread is not embracing those ideals.

It has been sidetracked, the original post was about something completely different and now suddenly its about me, all i said was i understand how people feel when there being picked on and attacked every day and the rules and regulations dont really help to stop these things....but i never asked for a pity party lol i'm just asking a valid question.

by bringing it up, you asked everyone to comment on it... wish granted.

frankly it's painfully obvious that your motive is to drum up public support to either use directly as a counterattack on the person you say is harassing you, or even more likely sic the public on them directly...

you went down this road, not anyone else in this thread, certainly not I. personally I'd recommend following the advice of the numerous and intelligent responses you've already gotten.

PS
obviously you don't like the answers you've gotten so far, but repeating the question isn't going to change them.

• 2 weeks later...

I am being bullied in SL....I have been a victim of it for a little over a year. Why did it start? Something so simple as being with a man who this woman wanted and she will stop at nothing to get it even to the point of destroying our group. I will never name her on any of these forums or any other website because to do so gives her power over me and she has had enough of that already. She has my RL information because when I joined a Star Trek group in SL,  they wanted the SFI member number. I was new to SL by only a few months when I joined that group so I didn't know about keeping my first life separate from Second Life or why I should do it. While everyone here has good points about the motives of the original poster, it does not mean that the problem of cyber bullying does not happen or is not a problem in Second Life. Right now my bully has taken her conquest out of SL and into RL and has threatened my life....As I said, while some of you don't believe that it is possible and others may say, "Oh it's your fault. You must have done something wrong." I did only one thing to gain focus from this person...be with someone she wanted and I stuck around and wouldn't leave. He was worth the fight and I'm still around. So yes, cyber bullying needs to be addressed with stricter rules from LL...yes, not only do kids become a target but so do adults in SL...and no, I'm not being a bully by stating that I'm being bullied.

A few links to teach you all about Adult bullying and what it is....how to combat it and what to do if you're a victim of it...

http://www.lifeafteradultbullying.com/

http://www.workplacebullying.org/

Learn what it is....learn how to recognize it when you see it...you may not always be the one to be a victim of it, but you may know someone who is and you may not even know it. It disquises itself as "gentle fun" or it could be a round of "nitpicking" through your "SL Boss." It can even be twisted around to make the one who is the victim look like they are the bully. Harlee Fallen should not have posted the resident's name, but if she is a victim of bullying like this, then the only way she feels to combat it is to stand up and say it. (No I don't know Harlee, but I've been there and I've faced it.) Until those of you who accuse her of being a bully herself have faced it you won't understand. The links above will help some, but the most effective thing that will help is if Linden Labs comes up with stricter enforced rules and procedures to take care of this problem. Muting is not always the answer.

Deoderant.jpg

Sy Beck wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i think you both should just AR each other for harrassment and see who is left standing..

One user agrees wholeheartedly. 

I'm beginning to feel that I'm in the middle of a "My farts smell better than yours!" competition.

• 3 years later...

Ive been experiencing Bullying in Second life  for over 2 years, They follow me around post group messages about me  write stuff in there profiles about me steal my art work , They have used grieving tools to crash my pc tried to get my RL  address stole from me , I reported everything to LL .

Barbie Adored wrote:

Ive been experiencing Bullying in Second life  for over 2 years, They follow me around post group messages about me  write stuff in there profiles about me steal my art work , They have used grieving tools to crash my pc tried to get my RL  address stole from me , I reported everything to LL .

And why did you dig up a thread that had its last reply 4(!) years ago? What benefit do you hope to get from that?

Also: What have you done so far in those two years other than writing reports? Mute/Block them. Don't give them attention or check their profiles, change your patterns for a while, so its harder to follow you around (like: visit other places). And use the option to hide your groups in your profile. And if all else fails starting fresh on an alt and enjoying a few peaceful months might help to bore your enemies and gives you a peaceful time.

And if the attempt to get your RL info can be seen as threating, informing real life authorities is also an option.

I really hope that Linden Lab takes care of your case and ban, block or do anything they can to help you, no one deserve to be harrassed, another thing you can do is to call Linden Lab on the phone, sometimes abuse reports can take a long time to get read, because there might be other abuse reports before yours, and by using the phine you get an immediate response of what steps Linden Lab is gonna take next, a clarification of the situation.

here are the phone numbers:

1 (415) 243-9000

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

France: 0805.101.490
Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
Portugal: 800.814.450
Spain: 800.300.560
UK: 0800.048.4646

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.