They did it again

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been over building my new sim on IW and I gotta tell ya, it sure is nice having a 128M max on prims.  So much easier to do a sim build when you don't have to puzzle together small prims for large pieces.  

64 M is a huge improvement that I welcome but having seen the ups and downs with the Megaprim policies at LL over the years, I have stayed away from using them in anything I sell.  IMHO, I would never sell an object that requires something so intangible as a mega prim and I don't suggest anyone else do either..They are best for sim builds but not for products you sell.

I feel for you and it sucks but SL was not made for megaprims, it's just a hacked workaround more than anything else.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Ahh ok, now I get you.  I also think you are among the best builders in SL and didn't think you used any mega's in your stuff so I was kinda like, why this was important to you.

If it was a policy change, I would have sorta expected it but if it's a lab rat issue, than yes, they need to be flogged.

WOW this is a MAJOR F??K up.  

And the Jira comments from LL so far are indicating that they wont be able to back out this huge mistake over the grid - they are asking customers to file lost content support tickets and to back out private regions.

My store, gallery, home is on mainland!

I cant log into SL until tonight but i am afraid to see what is left of my parcel of land.  I have used megas all over the place!!

I don't see how they can easily back it out.  They can't just rollback a sim unless it's at the request of the sim/estate owner.  Other people could share the same tennancy and have built things since this little screw up.

Whose content should be lost?  The megaprims or the new build?

Not good and coupled with my suspicion that they've reverted the SVC-3895 fix (at least that's what it feels like to me), it's not good eh?

seems that is the end result from reading the Jira.  LL has un blacklisted but if your content was one of the victims of LL's latest stupidity... all you can do is rebuild if you didnt back up your build.  If my store is damaged - I never backed up my store build.  It will be mostly gone if those megas were the ones I used.

And then ppl wonder why ppl like me are truly scared when LL Development plans to roll out DD.  LL culture has proven once again.... they ACT FIRST and THINK LATER. 

This is just so frustrating.

In the jira... a university was about to hold classes on the sim and they classes are gone.  no back out .

Tell me how many LL customers will now say "screw it I am not building this here in SL again..."

Whew.... thank goodness I never used the SALT megaprim packs.  I checked my Gallery and home above my store and all were ok.   I do feel really bad for the incredible damage that LL did to so many of their customers.  All the work that must be redone - if some of them fix it up at all.

And for LL to make such a massive mistake again and not even have a high ranking LL official at least blog with his apology to all his impacted customers and give all LL Customers a sense of assurance that this LL Staff / Process mistake will be fully investigated and controls put in place to ensure it will not happen again?  Well it basically equals the poorly handled action of RIM after their 3 day outage of service.

If Customer Service was really a key aspect for Rodvik, he should have immediately stepped up as CEO and at least blogged to his customers.  Of course, this didnt happen.

anyway.....

/ME gets back to srubbing the walls of my store from the grafitti that Sassy left on the wall.....  and NO Sassy, I am not a Popcorn-Eating Noob!!   ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.