I've cancelled my accounts. How do I permanently erase my characters from sl altogether?

Kia Navarita

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

If you went to your dashboard for each account and cancelled each one then you've done about all you can do.  There is a "cooling off" period of time so that if you change your mind you can reinstate your account(s).............I believe that is 30 days.  After that the account is perminantely deleted from the data base.  Your next step would be to uninstall every viewer you have on your computer, then search your hard drive for any left over files and manually delete them.  Then delete the short cut to any SL website you have save to your browser's favorites. 

That should rid you of anything Second Life.  Well, the memories will remain but they, too, will fade over time.

You wait, only time will remove all traces. I created a group several years ago and every few months a few Members who haven't logged in in a long time, disappear from the list. The same will happen to your characters/account if you do not return.

Should you decide to return, your account and your inventory will be available to you for some time.

Have no worries Kia :matte-motes-smile:

Those people who disappear from your group don't disappear because they didn't log in for a long period of time. They disappeared because they either left your group or they got around to cancelling their accounts. Any account you make in SL will remain in the data base for as long as SL remains on the Internet and open for business..........or until they cancel the account. There is no auto deletion after a period of inactivity.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.