I crashed while replacingt an outfit when I logged back I was wearing half my inventory

Lelea Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Las night whiole repalcing an outfit I crashed and when loged back on , I was wearing half my inventory.. IF I use an already made outfit I get half of my inventory dressed into my avi..  If I take all individually and put it back the pants layer and the shirt layer it says are worn but they do not show.. Can someone help?

2 answers to this question

Is it possible you accidentally clicked "wear" or "add" on a larger folder than you intended? I've done this - rather than clicking the one item or folder I wish to add, I click a much larger folder - for example, rather than clicking the subfolder "necklace" in my clothing folder, I accidently click and add the ENTIRE clothing folder. Which ends up crashing my viewer as it tries to load the hundreds of items in that folder. This mistaken clicking could be as simple as the mouse slipping, or SL lagging when you clicked something else.

If this might have happened, you can try letting your avi load completely. Wait until you're wearing quite a few items, then right click the items (or, faster, the folder containing those items) and choose "remove." You may have to repeat this several times, depending how many items you're actually wearing. For me, every time I try to wear something new, more stuff tries to show up. Just keep removing it until nothing else tries to load. Wear one item, remove the excess. Wear another, remove more excess, etc. (If you're repeatedly loading the SAME items, this is probably not the issue. If you're loading different items each time, this may be it.)

You can also try clearing cache, under preferences, in case something went wonky there.

Edited for clarification.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.