Are there any simple country folks on SL anymore?

Senobia Xenga

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im not exactly sure of what you're looking/asking  for.   Simple country folks .... is it an organized club of people?....or a collection of people who likes the outdoors?.... or simple minded folks who are rather conservative in thought???

I think you might need to add a little more info in your quest.

~mouse

I'm with Dogmouse on this one.   What the heck are you asking about?!  

By "simple" do you mean simpletons?  (like not very bright)    Or do you mean "simple" as in uncomplicated?  (no drama, etc) 

By "country" do you mean "country music"?   Or, do you mean people, that actually live in the country in RL?    (they live in a rural area)

Or do you mean the Amish?   hehe

Storm Clarence wrote:

Elric Anatine wrote:

Mr. Clarence's appearance
at this juncture in this thread is quite apropos.  Thank you, Sir, for making me smile and chuckle.

Elric, please, I am simple folk.  You can refer to me as Storm.  

Simple?  Indeed... not.  At least there is nothing simple about a good cocktail.  Oh and would you look at that time... almost 5:00 PM here.

That was a crappy if not rude comment. but I'm not surprised. If you can't figure out that simple does not mean simpelton, or that country doesn't mean country music or she wouldn'd have wrote it. You need to get out of the city.

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

By "simple" do you mean simpletons?  (like not very bright)    Or do you mean "simple" as in uncomplicated?  (no drama, etc) 

By "country" do you mean "country music"?   Or, do you mean people, that actually live in the country in RL?    (they live in a rural area)

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

That was a crappy if not rude comment.
but I'm not surprised.
If you can't figure out that simple does not mean simpelton, or that country doesn't mean country music or she wouldn'd have wrote it. You need to get out of the city.

Jacki, what exactly does the "but I'm not surprised", sentence mean?    Care to enlighten? 

My comment was not rude or "crappy".   *laughing* 

Perhaps, you should look up the definition of this thing known as "humor", which has nothing to do with where one lives.

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

That was a crappy if not rude comment. but I'm not surprised. If you can't figure out that simple does not mean simpelton, or that country doesn't mean country music or she wouldn'd have wrote it. You need to get out of the city.

Also, I noticed that you did not jump on Dogmouse's comment where he asked if the OP was asking about "simple minded folks"...which is another way of saying simpleton.   

So, you have some issue with me, that compels you to lob petty insults at me, in a thread that has been filled with humorous posts? 

• 2 weeks later...

Senobia Xenga wrote:

ETA:

If you have to ask what I meant in my OP, you probably don't fall under the heading "simple country folks".

Well spoken!  :womanvery-happy:

Some of us city-folk still know how to be down-to-earth.  Though I agree:  You really need to look hard to find like-minded folks, these days, in SL.  Welcome, and keep trying lol  I swear, one of these day's I'm gonna invent a Sneetches Machine, and mix up y'all's star-bellies so y'all have to start playing nice...

Senobia Xenga wrote:

There used to be some, I know it! I was once friends with them before we got scattered in the wind over time. 

If you are some or know some, I'd be glad to know ya! Find me inworld and let's talk.

I'm from rural upstate NY altho I currently live in suburban Long Island. I prefer country to city, in both RL & SL. In SL I like to hang out on virtual beaches or in forested areas. One peeve I have is that typically, very little effort is made to portray realistic natural ecosystems in SL. I wish that some RL biologists or botanists or ecologists would build the rural or wilderness sims. I can't stand country music, tho, if that's what you mean.

Jeanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.