3.1.0 Crashes When I Try to Login

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I installed the 3.1.0 viewer yesterday, and it worked fine last night.  Today, I can't login.  It crashes immediately when I click the login button.  Deleting the cache, using a different account, and trying to login to different sims make no difference.

Are others experiencing this problem?

Anyone have a solution?

This is my own personal experience with versions of the mesh viewer.

Based on what others have said (forgive me for not mentioning their names--I can't remember), I have found that this usually works. Also, I have a laptop, so I "wire up" when I'm downloading any new version and logging onto SL after an update:

1. Install new SL viewer. Restart computer.

2. Log into SL in basic mode. Change mode to advanced and clear cache. Log out. Restart computer.

3. Log into SL in advanced mode. Wait for everything to rez. Open inventory and wait for inventory to load. Do not do anything in SL until inventory loads.

After my inventory has loaded, I can usually unplug the wire and use SL. This is just my experience. I hope it helps.

Hello Jennifer. It is a known problem. Many other users reported that last weeks here, especially after the last updates of Viewer 3.

At first try to log in a different region. Protected lands arround like Smith, Lime or Pooley are recommended. If the problem remains, clean your cache manually and see if that helps. I think it does. So, delete all contests in the following folders having the viewer closed and restart your computer:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

This way you will lose all your private conversations which are saved in your computer. To avoid it copy the folder with your username in the folder Secondlife in another position in your hard disk. The folder is:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ jennifer_boyle

If you have more than one viewers installed in your computer do the same for all them following the same paths in your hard disk. For example: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.