Why does the "camera orbit/rotate" control not work in latest version (3.1)?

Xaqueline Seda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just installed the latest version and the ability to orbit/rotate the camera view is not working.  The feature is still there as it always was but when I click on it, nothing happens. Logged and relogged but nothing changed.  All other camera controls work fine.... even though I can get around it by using object view, I still need the rotate feature.  Help? 

2 answers to this question

I've never had any use for that camera control viewpad myself.  It uses up valuable real estate on my screen, blocking things that I would rather see.  I find it much faster (and smoother) to use either my mouse or my arrow keys in conjunction with Alt, CTRL, and Shift.  Those shortcuts are all described here >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Camera-point-of-view-controls/ta-p/700047.

If you really want to use the camera control viewpad, though, take a look at this JIRA report >>> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/STORM-1647 .  You are not alone.  There is a bug that apparently causes a delay when you just click on the control.  You can beat it, sort of, by clicking and dragging -- which is a nuisance -- or you can use the keyboard/mouse shortcuts until they fix it.

• Like 1

Hello Xaqueline and welcome to SL Forums. You are partially right. Camera doesn't rotate if you click the arrow as before the last update. However, if you press and hold the arrows, the camera works. Personally i can't explain that change (if it is a change and no a bug) and i find it totally useless.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.