In the Land of the Lilliputians

Griffin Ceawlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes... it's that perennial issue again. Why, with my average sized avatar, am I made to feel like a freak?

Fact is, at 7 foot 3, my avatar is of average height for a male humanoid avatar.

To visit some places in SL is to see hordes of tiny little creatures... totally oblivious to the fact that real people don't come up to just above my knee. And these people think they look cute! Well... they do, but... They barely look human! In fact, they don't look human at all! And they even call themselves... Tinies!

It's nonsense to suggest all those Tinies are tiny because they WANT to be tiny. They are tiny because their friends are tiny... and their friends are tiny because someone else was tiny first, and also because avatar shops sell those tiny-sized avatars in the first place.  And the avatar shops sell those tiny-sized avatars because they think people WANT to be Tinies!

It's ludicrous, I tells ya!

Oh, and before you all start... stop making excuses for the insanity!

susan-powter_l.jpg

I remember years back a group who called themselves NSP's or Normal Sized People.  The came to my waist pretty much as they where all their RL heights.  Since then I've shrunk down from 6'12" (yes you read right, that was what my height indicator read...lol) to 6'4" - still massive for a woman but shorter than many i know.

I guess I had a very tall avatar until most recently.  I went to Keli K's rez day party to give her a hug.  Either she was tiny or I was way tall.  Since that time I have shortened my avatar by 6 inches.  I don't hug too many people in SL so I never really had a good reference.  I don't mind being shorter as I still have not hugged many people to know whether I am short or tall.  I feel the same.   

since when did majority lose the win?

if most people are  bigger then law says majority rules.. *giggles*

besides..if the clothes fit wear them..most things are sized big here..LOL

some things you can't even shrink unless you want to edit linked parts on 20 prims in a nice belt for example..

if i wan't to be perfect i'll just log off and make my hubby repeat it over and over till i feel he has it down pat..then give the butt test..

*Me giving the test* Bebee.. do these Carharts make my butt look big?

*Him taking the test* They are Carharts..they make everyones butt look big!! I mean i mean everyones butt but your butt!!

hehehehe

Venus measured over 6' until recently when I snipped off about five inches.  Still, I am not the tallest or the shortest female avatar on the grid so I would say I am 'just right'. 

Of course, I still have the taller version (and one shorter version) in case I feel the need to change again.  Oh the wonders of SL!

/me laughs

@Storm: Giving in to peer pressure?

@Ceka: I know, right? Damn Tinies!

@Qwalyphi: Spell check. It's a good thing.

@Muffin: I agree.

@Ariel: We aim to please.

@Ian: Can you imagine? I mean, I haven't aired mine out in ages and they're gathering dust, but I would just be mortified!

@Venus: I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you inworld yet, but I'm sure you're "just right."

I really don't care what height other avatars are, either. But OMG, these Tinies! They won't let me play their Tiny games! I try clicking on their dance balls and my avatar becomes deformed and they just laugh at me and I feel sooooo left out.

TinyDance.png

Lately, I've been thinking that something is wrong with my avatar, and that maybe I should get a Tiny one. But it's just a peer pressure thing, ya know? And it's like a gateway drug! Next thing you know, I'll be dressing as a neko... or a furry... or a vampire... or a Pokemon! It's madness!

Asylum Jewell wrote:

Avatar height has nothing to do with RL height. SL has its own standard for tall, medium, short and tiny, etc. We all know this, why waste time being irritated by it? Be whatever height you want to be, and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.

I agree entirely. 

Ah its 'that' issue again. Personaly I find clothing makers makeing clothing only for SL high fashion models to be among my buliders pet peeves along with fullbrighting part of a build and not alowing for resizer scripts to be removed. SL heights are a persons prefrence so clothing makers may want to look at catering to many prefrances. We dont all look the same so why not make clothing for people that dont always look the same?

• 11 months later...

that article is ludicrious, when first sign onto sl, I was a biggie. and a biggie took advantage of me being new to sl by showing me what a sex pose ball was. Anyhow that is not the reason why I am posting this.

Tinies don't expect biggies to be tinies. I chose to be a tiny and I don't expect others to be a tiny. Many tinies are shape shifter.  The tiny society is based on being friendly, neighborly, and having fun; not to mention having the sense that you should be willing to help those in need.   Many of us are builders, scripters, and filmers such chaffro shoemaker.  I on the other hand build to make clothing. But we hate drama and sadly to say that has crept itself into the world of tinies according to my belief.  The tinies has also sponsor many events and fund raising such things as the recent one we had to raise money for two zoo animals and the breast cancer awarness or even the "paws4life" to help fellow tinies who can't afford rl medications.

Tinies society is about being neighborly and having fun.   I'm neither ashamed being a tiny or revealing my rl name. The tinies of my society I chose to be with are all my family. As one tinies say and I quote her " You can be alone in the tiny community but you wont ever be lonely." and this is my exact feeling about being a tiny. We do not force people to be a tiny.  We are here in sl to have fun.

I am here in sl to satisfy a real life need that is unsatisfyable, which is to create and make things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.