Mesh linkset root, part names and part order

LindaB Helendale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't find any decent (or even indecent) documentation of making  multiprim meshes, but apparently every <geometry>...</geometry>  block in the collada file produces a link to the mesh linkset. The name of the root prim comes from the ID attribute

<geometry id="myPrim">   

When  i have several geometries, only the root prim has the correct name, and all the others are 'Object'. I tested setting the names by the NAME attribute  in <geometry> but as expected, it had no effect.

Would anyone have managed to upload a  linkset with  link names correctly set?
I would very much want to see how the names are defined in the collada file.

Another problem with linksets: often the root will be the first <geometry> defined in the collada file, but as often the root is any random geometry. Also the order of the parts in the linkset is more or less random compared to the order in the collada file.  I have the instances of the geometries  in the <visual_scene id="Scene" name="Scene"> -block defined in the same order as they are in the <library_geometries> -block, in case it would matter.

I would either need to get the names of the linked parts right, or having the parts in the same order in the linkset as they are in the collda-file, to load several small parts as one upload, requiring only setting the LOD files once for the whole set. As a workaround I add offset to each part in the collada file and in-world use a script to sort the parts by the offset and rename but it feels really pathetic kludge :(

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.