Why am I having so issues with my clothing, shape and skin loading upon log in?

Klohie Karfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

THREE times in the past THREE days, I have logged in to find a clay-like appearance and nothing will load on my avatar. I have to repeat the steps of "Test Avatar" and reattach everything from shape, skin, hair, eyes, clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc....and it's getting on my last nerve! PLEASE HELP.......waaaaaaa

3 answers to this question

Hello Klohie and welcome to SL Forums. Try the following:

1)Rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R and wait some secs. Repeat if it is necessary.

2)Change your group tag. It sounds silly but it works sometimes. Also try to edit your shape and see if that helps.

3)If the problem remains, test your avatar. In V2 or V3 you find it under Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female. In Phoenix, under Advanced Menu  (Ctrl-Alt-D) --> Character --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female.  You will see your avatar like a newbie but after change outfit wearing another one. Rebake again after.

4)Clear your cache under your Preferences and relog.

If it's happening every time, you have a connection problem.  You may be able to take care of it by simply rebooting your router.  Unplug it from the power for a few minutes.  Go out for coffee, maybe.  When you plug it back in, it will have cleared out its RAM and will have a chance to get a fresh grasp on your IP address.  If that doesn't solve the problem, then you ought to open your statistic bar (CTRL + Shift + 1) and look at your Ping Sim and Packet loss statistics.  If th ping number is much over 100 -- it should normally be 50-75 or so -- it's taking too long for data to get from your computer to SL's servers.  If the packet loss figure is over about 0.01%, you're starting to lose data on the way.  If SL's servers can't get avatar data intact from your viewer, they substitute a default -- the white cloud or Ruth, the pasty avatar.  See >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Checking_for_packet_loss_%28network_lag%29

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.