Need help creating an animation which enables me to hold a two-handed weapon in world.

Manes Siamendes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I've been getting into making custom working weapons in SL and I am currently attempting to make animations for a two-handed polearm-type weapon I am working on. I am using Poser 7 and I already figured out much of what I need to know and I've almost successfully made a standing animation for it, however I still need help on one area. How to get the animation right so that my avi in-world holds the weapon with two hands instead of just one. In Poser, I made a simple smart prop that attaches to the figure's right hand yet I made the animation so that the figure holds the prop with two hands. However after uploading the animation, it does not do the same for my avi and the weapon. The weapon attaches to the right hand yet the animation is not aligning it so the left hand also grips it.

Should this be all mainly a matter of trial and error or is there a way to effectively work around this without having to waste much lindens?

Like for instance, can a script be used to align my weapon to be where I want it?

It is pretty much trial and error. Once you figure out the distance your hands need to be in poser to look correct in SL you can use that knowledge on other anims. Keep in mind that avatar size settings will affect how far the avatar's hands are apart. So you'll never get it right for all users. You should also log in to the beta grid to test your anims. You get free lindens to use for uploading anims. Then you upload your final product on the main grid. I think some third party viewers have an animation preview as well. So you can preview but not upload until you are satisfied.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.