Blake sea....

74Theo74

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

im looking to purchase land in or around the above...as i want the freedom of sailing etc. ive never bought mainland before and some of the prices ive seen are sky high...or are they? im not sure what the going rate is here.

Does anybody have a kind of guidline of prices for parcels on these sims?

thanx

They are limited to how many parcels actually boarder the blake sea and they have taken a lot of sims offline that once attached to it.  There where also private sims that boarded it at one time that are no longer there.  The Blake sea is what is referred to as parcels that are adjacent to Protected land meaning no one will build on your water access.  At one time, you could buy a waterfront property then have a new sim go up taking away your water front view.

Options to this are somewhat limited today since we have about 1/2 as many sims online as we did a couple of years ago.  What you may want to look for are Boating properties or watersport properties.  I'm sure there are many other keywords but in short, these are multiple private sims that have open space sims separating them for water sports.  There are a few though none nearly as large as the Blake Sea though even that space is much smaller today than it used to be.

thanx for the reply...sorry im very new to buying mainland...and understood some of your reply :/

so in short do you think its not a good idea to buy near the blake sea?

iam looking for as much open waterways as i can find...and the best place to look. thanx

You could buy land by the water in the New England estates.  These are privately owned so you do not need to be a Premium member.  The estate is attached to a corner of the Blake Sea area.  I can't remember any names of regions there apart from the one I had land on - Martha's Vineyard.

The plus of the area is that the area is attractive due to the strict Covenant about building and vegetation styles (do read it before purchase!!!!)

The minus is that it can take a week for the management of the sim to come round and approve your buildings.  I had to rez mine on a platform in the sky and wait until four staff had approved them.  Also, despite being attached to the Mainland, they have a no child avy rule.

I suppose someone should mention that there are a lot more water sims in and around the Sansara / Heterocera continents than there are in the Blake Sea, so if you're just looking for a nice long stretch to sail, there are many less expensive options.

There's also a lot of quite nice sailing water in a large group of contiguous sims off the west coast of the Zindra continent. Most of Zindra is less expensive than Blake Sea land, although Zindra waterfront is still pricier than comparable waterfront on non-Zindra Mainland.

Around Blake Sea you'll find 3 private estates, SLNE as already mentioned, Sailors Cove and the United Sailing Sims (USS). Of course renting from them is a bit pricier and you have to set a certain amount of your prim allowance back for navigational use (boats that sail thru your parcel).

Purchase of waterfront land, facing protected water, is gerenerally more pricey than land in the middle of a continent. Even in Sansara the prices are quite steep. But in Sansara you'll find many rivers with access to the greater bodies of water, like Sea of Fables or Mare Secundus.

But I have to obejct the statement that Sansara and Heterocea have more sailable water than Blake Sea. Blake Sea isn't the biggest body of water in SL, right, but it is connected kinda endlessly. From Blake you can sail all of Nautilus, Bingo Strait, Dire Strait, the Japanese continent down to a certain level and up North to Corsica and Gaeta V. So navigable waters from Blake Sea are much more than anywhere else on the grid.

You could also have a look at unconnected maritime estates like Fruit Islands or Costa Rica Sims. They aren't cheap neither but supply ample sailing space.

Orca Flotta wrote:

But I have to obejct the statement that Sansara and Heterocea have more sailable water than Blake Sea. Blake Sea isn't the biggest body of water in SL, right, but it is connected kinda endlessly. From Blake you can sail all of Nautilus, Bingo Strait, Dire Strait, the Japanese continent down to a certain level and up North to Corsica and Gaeta V. So navigable waters from Blake Sea are much more than anywhere else on the grid. 

You're right; I should have worded that differently.  I meant that there are opportunities for large-scale sailing besides Blake Sea proper, and that merely the water surrounding the old continents would be an example of that.  Of course, that kind of navigation isn't limited to the older continents, and it's most likely true that the eastern continents--which include the Blake Sea--have more sailable water among them.  For that kind of navigation, however, it's not just Blake Sea that has access to all that water, but anywhere on that massive shoreline--much of which can be had for pennies on the dollar compared to Blake Sea prices... I think both of us are pointing out that there are these other options, besides Blake Sea.

• 4 months later...

Orca KNOWs her stuff and states it for truth.

I did have a parcel up on Nuclear which you could fetch all the way west to Jacqueline Trudeau's island.  Any land or water that is Protected  [ can't be built so you can't get out ] is premium and will command a premium price.    Load your purse and get ready to search hard and long.   Good luck!   -Tory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.