Kudos on transaction safety!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I realize this isn't some new or sudden shocking revelation but I've kinda been on hiatus for a while.  I just wanted to say it's nice to see that after LL bought OnRez...then shut them down...then bought XSL...then shut them down...that the good old days of nearly instant money withdrawals is back to it's good ole' 1-3 weeks standard.

Right after XSL was shut down and I used Lindex for my withdrawals the 0-5 days turned into 2 1/2 weeks and 3 support tickets.

I'm preparing to count down the days (weeks) on my current withdrawal now.  And just to clarify, I'm talking about withdrawing from LL to Paypal, not to a bank.

I'm glad that after being a paying/trusted customer for nearly 8 years now that LL is still taking the time and ensuring my withdrawal transactions for even a dollar are 100% safe with LL potentially earning interest on them while I wait to recieve them which if so will undoubtedly go towards improving my SL experience.

On the flipside it seems like it goes through instantly when I'm putting money in.

you mean like when you write a check or recieve a check....getting the money takes up to 5 days, but when someone presents a cheque you wrote, its gone instantly from your account....................................................................think i will open my own bank....or Linden Labs

Well fact is SLX was not always instant,matter fact it was only one a year...you got use to 7 years of it taking a few days to goto SLX to  paypal then 3 days from paypal to  bank account....So that was a week wait.

Then from late 2008  to LL bought them out, it  was instant.....you know what I did? I learn to adapt got my self a week ahead,cash out monthly and its no big deal.

This is not forever,this will not be around until you are old ad gray,there is no retirement  no healthcare nothing is wrote in stone that you can depend on this long term or even month to month.

Do your self a favor and accept change and learn to work around it.I really enjoy the extra money and I never remember when I agree to the TOSS it saying "quit your day job and we promise to pay you over night!"

Personaly I hate a lot of the changes but I know there is nothing we can do about it.

I will never forget the man that posted on here right after they changed it ,and he claimed he  cashed out more then 5k a month and LindenX could not support more then that,and how was he going to pay his rent? and how was he going to pay all his bills!!

And all I could think was who make over  60k a year and rents and lived month to month just making the bills... I make alot less then that and I am 2 months ahead of my bills with a very nice savings.

I think people over drama this whole thing,personaly I will be sad the day my extra pay checks are gone and I really enjoy it for the past 4 years.I pay 9.99 a month and many times I cash out over 1k a month .

There's a difference between accepting change and accepting substandard customer service.

The fact that SLX was able to do it means that it is possible to do... there's no good reason why LL couldn't do it as well.  How a person handles their personal finances has nothing to do with it... yeah, because LL can't get their act together, you had to adjust, but why should you have had to?  Why should anyone have to?

LL should be trying to make things easier for their users, not more difficult.

...Dres

Okay, whatever.  But what has this thread to do with "transaction safety" as advertised?  I mean, I'd like to complain about that, it being a serious limitation in the platform itself, unrelated to outboard systems like Marketplace, LindeX, PayPal, etc.  It unfortunately seems the thread is merely about slow receipt of payment, which evidently interests some folks and must be inconvenient and all, but surely isn't the platform-crippling architectural clusterf*ck that plagues the in-world transaction system.

First off: @Tammy As I clearly stated in the post I'm not talking about the time it takes to withdraw from PayPal to one's bank account.  I'm talking about the time it takes for SL to send one's money to their PayPal account.  On XSL it routinely took me about a minute to see my money from XSL get transferred to my PayPal account.  It's referred to as "mass pay".

And no, I'm not going to miss paying a bill because I have to wait X to the Xth power days to actually get my money in my PayPal but I think it would be more convenient to not have to put in a withdrawal request at least a week before I would actually like to put in a withdrawal request.

Now, I'm not sure what alternate dimension LL holds our money in once someone requests a withdrawal but...

@Qie: I assume that the reason SL's advertised 0-5 days, possible 1-3 weeks depending on whether their transaction system decides to crap out is in place is to ensure that all withdrawals are safe as possible, hence "transaction safety".

Well, anyway...

The reason I'm irked is because this is delaying my purchase of Worms Ultimate Mayhem, which I believe is a reasonable gripe.

However, I did find a great explanation as to why it takes forever times infinity for LL to process Paypal transfers here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Linden-Dollars-L/Why-is-my-money-quot-in-progress-quot-from-lindex-to-paypal-SO/qaq-p/697956

Apparently, instead of using Mass Pay, LL prefers to get their sticky hands in the peanut butter jar and process/approve the transactions manually themselves.  I'm assuming their is one guy assigned to this task, who is also assigned to many other tasks who maybe works half a day and most certainly doesn't do holidays and weekends...ever, so it's more like one reluctant sticky finger.

I thought my 2+ weeks on my last request was bad but apparently there are people going on a month or more routinely.

Efficiency and customer service at it's finest.  I think it's funny, because when you're putting money in or when LL is taking money out for premium/land fees that money is gone quicker than a jackrabbit in a Texan analogy.

I suppose the mere fact that you have to wait an average of two weeks in itself is a safety measure because if you actually monitor your account that gives you a good two weeks to catch any transfers you may have not made, if your account became compromised.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.