I now learned when SL has run it's course.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the end I guess it all comes down to that old chesnut; "SL is what YOU make it".

And if you enjoy just some things in SL, eventually you may lose interested, if you don't find or create something that makes passionate, you will one day realise that you've seen or done almost everything you wanted to.

I love History, it is pretty much the only thing I am interested in and if SL didn't offer me something history themed, I would have left within days.

I actually did.

When I first came to SL in 2007 I looked around for a few days and thought SL was just about virtual hanky panky, shopping and chatting.

3 rather boring things.

And I left SL.

Luckily the second time I tried SL I discovered the vintage scene in SL, realised there were many history lovers and a few sims too.

But still I did not find what I really wanted to see and experience... so I build it myself.

I am now living in my fantasy, almost inside my own brain, or dream.

I never get tired of being there.

I've been here since March and it can get a little boring at times to be honest.  I'm here for the music and I find a lot of Dj's play too much of the same music over and over, so I left those kinds of clubs, and have been fortunate enough to find people who truly love music, even back to the 20's, 30's, 40's, all of it.  I get to hear music on SL, that I can't hear anywhere else.  The problem is most places that offer jobs, the music is not my cup of tea.

I'd love to find a job.  I'm thinking about a Las Vegas showgirl.  lolz.  I can just imagine wearing one of those enormous hats; would be kind of funny. 

When I feel a little bored with SL, I go looking on Marketplace and that usually perks me up.  I love Marketplace and some people hate it, but I love browsing in Marketplace because it's so fast!

I don't think role playing is for me, but I love dancing... and I'd love to see more dance art here.  I have choregraphed amazing dances to music in my dreams my whole life, and would love to find some more 'art of dance' here on SL. Something choregraphed and beautiful.  SL seems to miss the 'art' of dance for me, yet I do have some dances that are well done. 

But, Erin, if you are burned out, just take a break, and discover another passion you love to do.  I wish you the best!

We play 20s music all the time, all from my personal collection :)

And we have plenty of jobs, earlier today I was paying children in cigarettes to clean tables :)

If you become a performer and set up some kind of 1920s suitable performance (lots of modern dancing going on back then) you're welcome to perform in Berlin.

Artists are very well tipped.

Jo Yardley wrote:

We play 20s music all the time, all from my personal collection
:)

And we have plenty of jobs, earlier today I was paying children in cigarettes to clean tables
:)

If you become a performer and set up some kind of 1920s suitable performance (lots of modern dancing going on back then) you're welcome to perform in Berlin.

Artists are very well tipped.

Oh, thank you Jo.  I've been meaning to stop by but don't have the wardrobe to visit yet.

You know Jo, it's interesting, that I was thinking of trying to recreate something from the movie "Cabaret" with Liza Minelli.  I love that movie and the music and history like you do!   Things that are choregraphed and historic would be so much fun for me as I love music, art, history, dance; however, do a lot of people like that?  I don't really know as I haven't seen too much of that on SL yet, but now with my new computer I finally have a working destination guide!

I'd also love to go to an opera show set in old Vienna or something like that, also.  I'd love to see "shows" and be involved in something historic and something that I don't get to see, hear or do everyday. 

Send me an IM and let me know what I'm supposed to wear, ok?  Thanks, Jo!

We have cabaret like shows every week, sometimes more often and we also had opera that was so amazing it made people cry.

We have some free clothes at our teleport area and all the shops there sell 1920s gear you can wear.

Simply pop something on, explore Berlin, visit some of our daily Happy Hours and you'll soon find people involved in putting up shows to advice you.

We have a event manager who will also be able to point you in the right direction and help out.

And if that all fails, you can always perform at one of our open stages when everyone is welcome :)

If you get stuck somewhere or are not sure what to do, drop me an IM.

Well like many have stated before. I am not where near burn out. I just about learn a new skill and along comes another thing to learn. Will I ever catch up I ask myself. All that is besides the wonderful people I meet and play with. Yes as a learner world builder I do play as well sometimes. Rock on SL I say.

Mayalily wrote:

... I love dancing... and I'd love to see more dance art here.  I have choregraphed amazing dances to music in my dreams my whole life, and would love to find some more 'art of dance' here on SL. Something choregraphed and beautiful.  SL seems to miss the 'art' of dance for me, yet I do have some dances that are well done. 

I like to dance in SL too Mayalily. I always wear a dance chim above my head so I can dance anywhere. Some of the dance animations are pretty bad, and others aren't all that bad. The thing, though, that kinda bothers me is that the dances don't conform to the time signatures of the music. There may be waltzes, & things like that, but the avvies don't really move in 3/4 time to them, or if they're supposed to they don't conform to the tempo. What I'd like to see are dances that actually conform to the time signature & tempo of the song that's playing. It would be awesome if someone would script dance annies that would do that! Would probably just cause lag, tho... which is prolly why no1 seems to have done it.

Jeanne

It's definitely exploring and seeking for things that can make me lose track of time.  Someone on the forums asked where to find something called a crispinette the other day.  I had never heard of one of these before, but after consulting with my best friend (google), I found myself at some amazing sims and stores.  It made SL fresh all over again.  And that is what I think keeps me hooked on SL, although I've still got a massive "SL to do" list to work my way through (the thought of having to do things though has removed the fun, and I need to just adjust my attitude about my to do list, I know).

I am glad my Inquiry about 14th century Lady's hats sparked so much intrist :)

For me SL is about exploring ones intrists the best way to ge injoyment from it is finding comunities of like minded indiviguals be it Medievalists or Sci-fi fans Secondlife is a computer thing your aloud to be nerdy :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.