What kind of headset do you use?

LiveReport

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i used to use a really nice set that  covered both my ears..they were great for music and  you could really pick up on someone in the channels that were not so close to their mics..

but i had to stop using those because  i would  end up jumping out of my skin if someone touched me or showed up in my perephrial vison..

i actually ended up yanking the cord out of the headset when i was watching a movie on my computer and my hubby decided to scare the crap out of me..my hubbies favorite past time it seems..

he learned how fun it is to scare me so now i don't wear them anymore..now he tries to find other ways since he found it so much fun..

here is what my life is like all because fo headphones LOL

i can relate to the people in this so much hehehehe

Hi LR,

Well, you know how critical it is for a broadcaster to have the right equipment.  I currently use a Logitech headset with a built-in mic but I am thinking of replacing it with a better Logitech (mine is over 2 years old now) and a standalone mic.

Good luck on your search!

ETA:  If you wear it more than an hour/day you should look into the kind that is padded across the top.

I bought a good one to use for some SL TV interview but it was not very good, the sound quality wasn't up to scratch.

For another event I started looking for the headset but couldn't find it and sutmbled upon my never used small Apple headset that came with my laptop.

I never even realised it had a microphone inside it as well.

To my surprise it worked perfectly.

And as Apple adds these headsets to their phones, ipads, and whatever they make these days, I've got a pile of these things I've stolen from my modern friends who buy gadgets as my laptop is the only post 1950s thing in my house.

Vladi Hazelnut wrote:

Plantronics Gamecom

A little large, but they sound great and mic works fantastic. Picks me up just fine but won't pick other noises in the room.

Yes this and a Yamaha one also that does pickup background noise. I am having issues with getting voice in V3 to work correctly. It seems there is an auto-squelch happening that only transmits every other word. o.O

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.