Actually, this is a positive thread ...

Dazler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Having read a series of negative threads on the forums, I just wanted to readdress the balance. It's easy to moan when things don't go well but, sadly, easy to forget to offer words of praise when all goes fine. I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed being a member on Second Life and how I have had the opportunity to meet some amazing characters who have helped broaden my horizons and my outlook on others.

Long may it continue!

There is so many different, cool and new things, people and places in SL, that I won't even try to list them here. Whether you consider it a game, a world, a network, whatever, I wholeheartedly recommend everyone who comes here to be open, and to invest as much time, money and energy of their RL as they can, for as long as they wish. The only problem you can have is that freedom and openess. It's up to you, nobody can tell you what your interests are, or what criteria you should have about something. Once you overcome that, and accept the "responsibility" of that freedom, you're in. Enjoy!

When people are particularly frustrated with one thing or another it can seem as if there is more negativity than 'normal'.  When you do not hear anything, you tend to think that all is well.  Yes, SL is a cool place and I love being inworld.

Constructive criticism and suggestions are a sign that people care and want things to improve.  It is just another way of saying they like SL.

:: offers a better metric ::

instead of judging negativity by the content of posts, or even the number, judge them by how quickly they are created... then, things are only bad when the negatives come in fast an furious, and pretty good when new ones come in at an average rate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.