how do i change my maturity settings?

andralynnjacobs

Question

Unless you are age verified or have payment information on file you can only set your maturity settings to general (G).  If you have payment information on file you can set your maturity to general and mature (G and M).  If you are age verified you can set your maturity to general, mature, and adult (G, M, and A).

Two different but related concepts:

To verify your age, confirm that you are 18 years of age or older through the age verification web page. 

To set your Maturity Preference, so that you can enter sims or areas of the Marketplace that require Moderate or Adult rating, choose Me > Preferences and click on the General tab to choose the maturity rating of content you want to see.  

On 10/15/2011 at 3:54 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Two different but related concepts:

To verify your age, confirm that you are 18 years of age or older through the age verification web page. 

To set your Maturity Preference, so that you can enter sims or areas of the Marketplace that require Moderate or Adult rating, choose Me > Preferences and click on the General tab to choose the maturity rating of content you want to see.  

I'm still lost on how the age verification process works. I have installed the latest viewer and all but how do I verify age?

20 minutes ago, GODZILLA6337 said:

I'm still lost on how the age verification process works. I have installed the latest viewer and all but how do I verify age?

There is none. This thread is also 10 years old.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

Then if you gave that information when you started your account, you are age verified.  As to being able to access all maturity ratings, that's in your viewer preferences tab.  

Me/general tab, I think on the official viewer.  You'll also need to set those same rating when you're logged into the Marketplace.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Then if you gave that information when you started your account, you are age verified.  As to being able to access all maturity ratings, that's in your viewer preferences tab.  

Me/general tab, I think on the official viewer.  You'll also need to set those same rating when you're logged into the Marketplace.

I made my account a year ago I think august of 2019, I don't remember what all I entered. Ig I'll just make a new account :/
I don't have the ability to change the maturity ratings

Just now, Lindal Kidd said:

No no! Don't make a new account! Well, you can if you want, but you don't have to.

If you are over 18 and the maturity settings are grayed out, file a support case. There's a bug in the system that occasionally affects people.

Ah ok. Good to know. I'll do that, Thank you for the help!

54 minutes ago, RuneLightLovely said:

If WE become an adult, how is it? Does it change G (General Rating) to M (Maturity Rating) Or A (Adult Rating)?

Read Lindal Kidd's response, above. Submit a support case to tell Linden Lab your real age now. They might as you to send a photocopy of some document like a driver's license that will verify your real age, but wait for them to ask.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

You waited what? 35 minutes tops? They get dozens if not hundreds or more support cases every single day. So patience.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................i̻͕͚ͅ ̙ca͓̰̳̪̫͔͠n̰̠̹̻̪'̣̰̘̯̲̲̜͘t̛ w҉̙͎a͈͙̞̰̰̝̙͘i͘t̢̯.....b͔̦̖e̥͎̪͚̮c͠a̲̟͙̙͍̱u̼̰͚͙̱̺͞s̼͓e̘̻̮͕̖ ̛̼įt͙̯͍͡'͇̼͟s̫̬̰͉̭ ͙̲̙̪̗a̸̟̦̥̟͎ ͖̹͎͝V҉̟E̱͜R͙̜Y̖̹͈̱̞̗͞ ̵͕̼̼̗̬̳i̹͠m҉p̡̺̙̺̬̥̪͖or̹̞͕̻̲t̼̬̫a̩͖ṋ̵t͓̝̪̝͎͎͍ ͉̺t̢͍̫̝ͅh̙͇̻i̜͕̯̳̬͟n̺̘͝g͎̙͔̤̕y̸̳͖̫ f̗͡or̺̘͎̲͈̥ ͖͙̹̪̻̹̩͟t͝ḥ̪͔̙e̹̩̹͠ ͚̪̯̣̯̙̞a͚͈̼̟̱̜͇͝v͖͘a̰̹̗t͙͔a̮r̺̭̬̹͙͓͟ͅ ̥͓t̹̪̥̫͕͖̗h̝̣͢a̵t̺̩̳̪́ ̮͉̙̱̜̗ͅi̙͍̺ ̨̠̞̝̜̼w͉̳͍̗a͕̖̞͍͈͉͢ņ͉̩͙̤̜t͎͘ḙ̷̪̟͍̦̭d͚̗...

Edited by RuneLightLovely
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

no, it's really not as important as one might think

No! It's REALLY IMPORTANT!!! I Want To Do That Game With The Avatar That I Wanted Quickly! It Feels Like My Heart Is Pounding And My Hands Are Also Shaking...! Why Did I Tell You Guys "It's REALLY IMPORTANT!"? It Means "It's REALLY IMPORTANT To Making a Linden Dollar!"! And, I'll Show You Why Making L$ (Like a Money) Is REALLY IMPORTANT! Now, Click Here To Find Out Why! My Mind Said: You Guys Are REALLY Selfish, I Mean Look, It's REALLY Disappointing To You Guys Who Don't Understand My Mind!

Edited by RuneLightLovely
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RuneLightLovely said:

No! It's REALLY IMPORTANT!!! I Want To Do That Game With The Avatar That I Wanted Quickly! It Feels Like My Heart Is Pounding And My Hands Are Also Shaking...!

I suggest therapy.

In the grand scheme of things, there is no game that is REALLY IMPORTANT.

• Like 4

Aside from getting an actual RL job which will pay better than ANY job in SL, you could try the employment section of the forums...

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/312-inworld-employment/

Hosting at a club on a moderate region might be a good choice if you have no skills.  For a 2 hour shift, tips only, you MIGHT make 500L-2000L.   Or not, depending on the crowd.

• Like 2