Prim Hair Issue

Abigailee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently i've been having this problem when i'm trying too change my hair style that it will place the new style overtop the old one and i cannot for the life of me detach the old hair style without restarting the viewer. This has been happening quite regular and it's getting rather annoying now.

Has anyone else had this issue or heard of this before and know a fix.

Thanks

I'd manually cleared the cache earlier that morning on this particular time. So i don't think clearing the cache might of helped but if it happens again i'll give that a try. I had thought of maybe trying a different viewer. Has anyone got any experiance with CoolVL Viewer, is it any good?

If you are an RLV user, make sure there are no restrictions on your avi that would keep the location where your hair is attached locked. Some wankers and/or poorly written RLV scripts have locked various prims onto myself as well without my knowledge and when I investigate I find all sorts of restrictions placed upon me.

In Firestorm Mesh, you can check which restrictions you may be under by visiting the "RLVa > Restrictions" menu option.

Solution if there are restrictions... turn off RLV or use a non-RLV viewer to detach the affected prim then clear your cache. I find that clearing first using the viewer's clear controls then manually deleting the cached folder from my OS works best in my situation, but YMMV.

If you're not an RLV user, then perhaps the hair piece that will no longer detach may be corrupted in some way. If you still have the box containing the hair in your inventory, try rezzing out a new copy and see if that works. If the hair is not copyable and ends up being corrupted, you may have no alternatives other than obtaining a brand new copy from the creator directly.

I had thought about locking scripts that may have, somehow, ended up inside your hair but... locking scripts only work if you're an RLV user. If you're not, then the locking scripts won't work. Usually.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.