Sign in to follow this  
April Arun

Transferring full prim estate sim between members of a group

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can anyone tell me please how to transfer a full prim estate sim between members of a group? Currently the sim is deeded to the group, but one of the group members pays the tier to LL.  Another member needs to take over paying tier for various reasons.

I expect the current paying member and the new paying member has to put in a ticket but would appreciate any help with how to change thigns over so we keep all the prims on the sim as they currently are - or any advice about anything I might need to know

thanks in advance

I think transferable items could be sold with the land (include objects in sale). I do believe that all objects can remain in place on the land, it shouldn't effect the sale, nor would the objects be auto-returned unless the new owner wanted that.

If possible, I would make the buyer an owner of the Group and after the sale, I would leave the role of owner. Any objects owned by the Group could be managed by the new land/group owner. (if the group owns a lot of items and resetting them is not practical).

If it were a parcel, the current owner could make the prospective owner an owner of the group and withdraw her tier contribution to the group.  Then the new owner could make a tier contribution to the group.  Since the group would continue to be the owner, there would be not actual change in ownership of the land.  I presume, but don't know, that the same would work for an estate.  The person who withdrew the tier contribution would need to be sure to reduce her tier level on the Web, as it does NOT automatically go down.

Thanks for your replies. I did find the knowlege base item useful but it doesnt really tell me how to leave everythign else on the sim as it is.

All we realy want to do is have another premium account member in the group take over paying tier to LL. The member currently paying tier to LL wants to down grade their account which is the main reason we have to transfer ownership as far as the lab is conerned.

The group member currently paying tier would remain a member of the group so all his items will remain on the sim, as will everyone else's, but they are not all going to be transferrable which is going to leave a huge mess.

Sorry to ask again but I cant find the answers I need anyplace and I cant seem to find out how to submit a ticket anymore either - not that i ever found that helpful to begin with sadly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.