Can't see about or 1st life tab on old account?

Aristine Roizman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I googled this problem and rummaged the forums and there was a similar question with no real answers so I'm throwing it up here (not sure which forum this should really go in so I'll try here).

I haven't really messed around on second life since I was on the teen grid which had no about or first life section, but I've since verified age and payment info stuff but as long as I log onto this account I can't see those sections on either viewer 2 or phoenix, but on my friends newer account he can see them just fine.

Is there a step i'm missing to getting those to display for me?

Nope, I went and had my friend pull up some of his old teen grid characters on his computer and they have the same problem so I'm pretty sure its related to that. I tried to email LL about it and they just told me that my account type (basic) doesn't have access to support on this matter (even though they said "sorry your having these profile issues" so somebody at least skimmed the thing).

If your friends can see your profile's About and 1st Life tabs from within their viewers, then the problem is not with your profile or account.

If you or your friends can see the About and 1st Life tabs from a web browser, the problem is not with your profile or account.

Chances are, your own viewers' installations may have problems, and I would suggest a complete uninstall and reinstall of ALL of your viewers you use for Second Life. At the moment I am unable to supply you with web sites or pages that have explicit instructions on how to do that, but a search using your favorite search engine should supply you with a good assortment of ideas on how to do this. 

[edited to add: ...]

If the problem you are having lies with only one account; that is, if you can see those tabs while logged in with other accounts, then your viewer's cache and support files stored on your hard drive, for that one "bad" account may be the only things you'll have to manually delete. You may not have to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of your viewers. You will have to, however, dig down through your hard drive's file system to locate the files associated with the "bad" account and delete those (the viewer will recreate them when you next log in with that account).

Which files to delete are dependent upon which OS you are using. I use Mac OS X so I have no knowledge of how a Windows-based viewer stores those files. Maybe another reader here does and is willing to help?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.