Where do you get your inspiration from?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I get stuck for inspiration I just Google, "The world's most (insert adjective of choice here) buildings" and go to images.  I may not find anything I like or inspires me, but it's an interesting 5 minutes of eye candy to look at if nothing else.

I've got to be made inside out or backward or something.  I get inspired by the texture before I even think of what to put it on.  My usual avenue to inspiration is when I'm more or less doodling in GIMP.  Draw a few lines, bend them, run them through a few filters, duplicate, invert colors..........just playing around to see what comes up.  Eventually it starts to look like something (well sometimes..........a lot of times I just delete and start again or quit for the time being).  What it starts to look like will, most of the time, bring up some building, dress, wallpaper or scene to my mind.  Depending on what my doobling made me think of is my "inspiration" for something in SL.

I know........weird.  But it works for me.

I am just crazy about furniture and houses, which I see everywhere -- driving around, in stores, in magazines. So I just make my favorites ( I have a lot of favorites). I also listen to customers, who have some good ideas too.

I get people asking me to make some custom build for them -- like something Victorian, which I hate - and I have a hard time explaining that I can't make something I don't love. I can't build someone else's idea.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.