Please list correct amature file names associated with Blender, Maya, 3dsMax

ItsKate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

I am looking for the correct file locations for the follwing SL amature files.

Blender 2.49

Blender 2.49b

Blender 2.59

Maya 2012

3dsMax

There seems to be a lot of misinformation re: correct amature to use with SL meshes.   After reading several times that ppl are exchanging corrected files. I have concluded that it might be nice to have a list from others working with meshes.

One issue that plagues the tutorial and wiki links I have seen thus far:  avatar.blend or simplebot?  To say that it is a bit fustrating to dig threw correct information is an understatement.  

I think it would help tremendously if we had a correct list stickied to this thread as a base from which ppl can use for their models. 

Links or attachments would be helpful.

Ty

I decided on avatar.blend, even though it's a bit more work, it does seem to contain most of the necessary components to get started.

Problems encountered:

missing mFootLeft, mFootRight

missing mWristLeft, mWristRight (sporadic, bug)

I currently run Vista @ 64bit making at least one add-on/plug-in unusable: currently. 

I have no idea how to convert an xml file for export: (see above 64bit issue)  my AV from SL to blender. So I have managed to created a base SL model with which to base my objects/clothing.

I am currently using, blender, zbrush, maya, photoshop. (the workflow has been a nightmare *laughs)

Uploading unattached meshes with custom maps has been simple compared to uploading rigged AV's/Clothing/Objects.

I decided on the Jass blender with the correct Collada 1.4 to make my life easier but I am keeping an eye on the development of the new Blender and workarounds.

I hope this helps others.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.