Why would some designers just leave without a word?

Jochen Alex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have seen it a couple times... Some designers seem to just "run off" and close their store without saying a word.

Why would they do that?

Makes me wonder if they would really leave SL like that, or if they just making a "fresh start".

Actually, i was talking to one designer years ago and she said something like, she could just drop everything and start fresh under a new name if she wanted to, and nobody would know.

And i do know some of her alts, which she used to have as models. So if she would start fresh under a new name then her account would be a little older already :/

What do you think, are those designers really leaving SL? Or would they rather start fresh under a new name? Or maybe they even just want to be "regular" residents and being able to just enjoy SL? who knows...

I think you've pretty much answered your own question in your original post, Jochen.  While it does seem rather an odd thing for an established designer to do, always remember real life comes first.  Debt in real life would be one reason why someone would shut up shop without saying a word; a feeling of shame and wanting to hide away perhaps.

And, yes, a designer might just wish to experience a normal SL after ending up feeling totally stressed out because their business empire has become all-consuming, and it's close or have a nervous breakdown!

• Like 2

Why should they inform you? It's not as if designers in RL tell you when they close the store where you happen to be a customer. Also, I don't think all designers dissapear without a word. Plenty of them do notify their customers that - and when - they close the store, often with a huge sale before that time.

I can understand the question if you are talking of designers you know and are friends with. Then it would probably be an idea to notify you. 

Further, the reasons for leaving SL can very well be such that the person don't feel like sharing it. It could be a very different reason than the person simply being tired of SL.

- Luc -

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

well there are alot of reasons well for one they have RL issues that take more time away from SL  or They Products arent selling and cutting thier losses and leaving the business 3. People maybe arent spending as much Lidens as they did before 4.Maybe they couldnt compete or didnt make enough to pay tier.. alot of things could of happen to them.. lets hope they stayed and started over and wish them luck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.