Sign in to follow this  
morgannalyn

who wants a relationship

Love is something you must Fall into (kinda like a trap).

Love is a battlefield (get a cage gun, pick a Resident you like, presto!)

LeeHere Absent said: I just got déjà vu. Did you already give up on the Goth and emo clubs?

I don't

understand either. One

date with me and she changes her

mind and wants someone

faithful and nice.

Rudi

Knowl Paine wrote:

Love is something you must Fall into (kinda like a trap).

Love is a battlefield (get a cage gun, pick a Resident you like, presto!)

Yeah that´s absolutely right. :0)

morgannalyn wrote:

:(

i like it here

The forum is a great place to socialize and a wonderful source of information, but Griffin is right about going out into the wilds of actual SL. Only a small portion of residents post here regularly and socializing inworld would up your chances of meeting your special someone by percents that could be figured by other people who are better at maths and statistics than I. It's not an either/or situation, you don't have to leave here, alternate between windows so you don't get withdrawal symptoms.

While I wish you luck on your quest, I don't quite understand the rush by so many to couple up. Is there an ark coming that no one told me about?

"Is there an ark coming that no one told me about?" 

That's what I'm wondering! It seems like most topics in this particular branch of the forum (though they come and die soon enough) are people asking for relationships as if their second lives depend on it.

I assure you, OP and anyone else coming on here practically begging for a relationship, that you can have just as much fun (if not more) without being committed to someone else in-world. 

Go out, dance, make friends, or learn to build and mod (you can meet great people in a sandbox willing to teach you!). Better yourself inside the game, go shopping (even if it's freebie shopping!)

Even after all of this, if you don't find someone, you will not be wasting your time because you will be having fun and making friends. Spending all your time actively looking for 'that special someone' not only comes off as kinda desperate (actually possibly reducing your chances of finding someone special) and, at the end of the day, it feels like a waste of time when Prince Charming or whoever you're into doesn't come to sweep you off your feet. There are so many things to see, places to visit and people to have a good time. It's highly unlikely that you'll find anyone worth your time by posting here as you have been.

If you want someone committed to you, then you first have to be committed to yourself- get out there and have fun. Any relationship, friendship or otherwise, will be much more worthwhile if you do.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Stella Carver wrote in part:

Is there an ark coming that no one told me about?

Probably a story ark.

Like The Hot Cheerleader and morgannalyn accidentally bump into each other in a coffee shop and somehow wind up living happily ever SLafter? Very "Odd Couple" for the 21st century, sounds promising.

Treyu wrote:

It seems like most topics in this particular branch of the forum (though they come and die soon enough) are people asking for relationships as if their second lives depend on it.

I assure you, OP and anyone else coming on here practically begging for a relationship, that you can have just as much fun (if not more) without being committed to someone else in-world. 

Go out, dance, make

friends
, or learn to build and mod (you can meet great people in a sandbox willing to teach you!). Better yourself inside the game, go shopping (even if it's freebie shopping!)

Even after all of this, if you don't find someone, you will not be wasting your time because you will be having fun and making friends. Spending all your time actively looking for 'that special someone' not only comes off as kinda desperate (actually possibly

reducing

your chances of finding someone special) and, at the end of the day, it feels like a waste of time when Prince Charming or whoever you're into doesn't come to sweep you off your feet. There are so many things to see, places to visit and people to have a good time. It's highly unlikely that you'll find anyone worth your time by posting here as you have been.

If you want someone committed to you, then you first have to be committed to yourself- get out there and have fun. Any relationship, friendship or otherwise, will be much more worthwhile if you do.

If I had taken the time to offer excellent advice in a well-expressed and thoughtful way, it would have been almost as good as what you wrote.

Stella Carver wrote:

While I wish you luck on your quest, I don't quite understand the rush by so many to couple up. Is there an ark coming that no one told me about?

LOLOL! 

I heard a tale once that Autumn makes people want to couple and fall in love.  Perhaps because it's turning chilly in the Autumn and our nesting instincts kick in. 

OP:  IM some people you like inworld and simply say "want to dance?"... or just a "Hi, how are you" can start off a conversation fairly well. 

Mayalily wrote:

Stella Carver wrote:

LOLOL! 

I heard a tale once that Autumn makes people want to couple and fall in love.  Perhaps because it's turning chilly in the Autumn and our nesting instincts kick in. 

OP:  IM some people you like inworld and simply say "want to dance?"... or just a "Hi, how are you" can start off a conversation fairly well. 

This is very true. Complements are always good too, "Hi, I like your hair/shoes/applebutt/inappropriate attachment.". In RL, that might get a thank you, but in SL, it can trigger a partner (or a stalker), but nothing risked, nothing gained.

morgannalyn wrote:

o.O

i just hate being alone

Well thats not going to change plonking yourself in a forum of  a 3D virtual world....is it? Youve been given some excellent advice..now is the time to use it.