Kudo Limit; should it be raised?

Knowl Paine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Currently Residents can Kudo up to 4 messages per hour. Several times in my past visits here at the Forum, I have exceeded my Kudo Limit. I enjoy browsing the recently answered questions and occasionally the creation forums. It doesn't take long to find 4 solutions or recommendations that are worthy of Kudos.

I'm thinking that a daily or weekly Kudo limit may be a better method.

I would appreciate any thoughts, comments, opinions and or additions on this topic.  

Edit: It appears the limit has been raised + I received an IM from a Community Manager saying it was raised.

Certainly 4 kudos limit is far too low.  I tend to give out most kudos when I've been offline for a few hours and am catching up, so naturally there are going to be more than 4 people worthy of kudos during that time. 

And I do wish this forum software was a bit more user friendly.  Like in the days of yore, when we could bump threads above the spammers', or to refresh interest in an ongoing problem someone might be having.

Since most of the users here poopoo badges and rankings and kudo's I don't expect much comments from them. But I would like the limit to be raised. I don't understand why there needs to be a limit on kudos at all. Can someone be over kudo'd, just don't make sense.

And the bump thing would be nice to have back. :)

This could be added to the CTUG agenda if someone were so inclined.  Oh wait... I was unable to make it to the meeting yesterday but just skimmed over the log... I see you already brought it up.

What Rand had to say in response was very telling and excruciatingly accurate... "ok let me look into it. Since Lexie is out, these kinds of things have sort of fallen through the cracks."

Seems like anything to do with the forums will continue falling through the cracks for the unforeseeable and hopefully, not to distant future. I'm hoping that whatever Lexie is going through atm will be resolved quickly, for her sake and ours... then, we can all get back to the business of improving this platform for the benefit of everyone concerned.

...Dres

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

I just gave 7 or 8 with no wait. Maybe they fixed it?

Could be... Rand did say it'd be easy to do, but it would have to be "approval".  If that is the case, I wonder who made that decision and why they haven't replaced Lexie at the CTUGs as a decision maker, for the time being, to keep the flow of conversation and improvements moving forward.

...Dres (As David Bowie said, "...who can bear to be forgotten?")

Kudos can serve a useful purpose if they are not abused.  And abuse would be quite easy since a group can ban together and give kudos to their friends to up their "status" and ranking in the forums.  As the kudo system is set up now it seems abuse is at a minimum (if it's present at all).  If limits keep the system more or less honest I can't say I'm against it policy.........if an increase is given I'd hate to see it set too high (or worse set to "unlimited").  Doubling the 4 I don't think would harm.......much above that I can see blatant abuse which would end all useful purpose for them to exist at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.