A way to sit on attached prim?

FaFa Silent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've searched around and seen a few posts on the internet regarding sitting on attached prims on an avatar. Is there a way to do so now without the need of a vehicle for someone to sit on an avatar? I made a macro avatar and it would be pretty cool imo for people to sit on me. Examples: shoulders, head, or tail. I seen someone sitting on someone else's shoulder before a few months back  (I regret to this day not asking him what he is using or how) and is there a product or a script that is around that I could use for this to happen, if so be so kind to tell me? I'd appreciate it guys.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

You can't sit on an attached prim.

The "shoulder sitter" is a two person animation, like a hugger attachment. The second person isn't really sitting on you, though they act like it until the animation is released.

All the saddles and the like I have seen for dragon and centaur and horse and wolf  avatars that allow someone else to ride your avatar are a vehicle script, with custom animations for the avatar type. So you would need to make a vehicle that has sit poses on the various riding spits, plus an atachment point for you to sit on first. That vehicle would have to animate your avatar the same way you do for normal movement when walking, running, flying or swimming. Once you sit on the vehicle, your friends could then sit on your shoulders and the base of your tail or on top of your head, and ride along.

A worn item can, however, be scripted to produce a vehicle that you can easily sit on to effect this change. So you could have a chat command or a HUD that could spawn the vehicle for you as needed.

One of my wolf avatars has a choice of two 'saddles'. One has the wolf in control of movement, and with the other, the wolf's rider can control where the wolf and rider go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2011 at 2:59 PM, Ceera Murakami said:

You can't sit on an attached prim.

The "shoulder sitter" is a two person animation, like a hugger attachment. The second person isn't really sitting on you, though they act like it until the animation is released.

All the saddles and the like I have seen for dragon and centaur and horse and wolf  avatars that allow someone else to ride your avatar are a vehicle script, with custom animations for the avatar type. So you would need to make a vehicle that has sit poses on the various riding spits, plus an atachment point for you to sit on first. That vehicle would have to animate your avatar the same way you do for normal movement when walking, running, flying or swimming. Once you sit on the vehicle, your friends could then sit on your shoulders and the base of your tail or on top of your head, and ride along.

A worn item can, however, be scripted to produce a vehicle that you can easily sit on to effect this change. So you could have a chat command or a HUD that could spawn the vehicle for you as needed.

One of my wolf avatars has a choice of two 'saddles'. One has the wolf in control of movement, and with the other, the wolf's rider can control where the wolf and rider go.

This is an awesome answer....I was looking for some time the solution for my problem.I built a Bento quadruped avatar and need to make a saddle for another rider....so...ty. Is there any way you paste here the code for this vehicle? i would appreciate.

There are generic vehicle scripts in many script libraries, but virtually any specific vehicle that you create needs to have a script that is customized to that vehicle.  If you are new to writing this sort of script, you should find the Linden Vehicle Tutorial helpful.  If you are not a scripter yourself, you may post in the InWorld Employment forum to attract the attention of a scripter to write something for you.

On 10/14/2011 at 7:59 AM, Ceera Murakami said:

I have a dragon avatar with similar options, it allows me to carry them by my claws while I fly or they can ride on my back and fly me. So something similar to that is probably what the poster needs to find and use if they wanted to go that far allowing someone else to control them. else just a simple vehicle script and animation would work allowing others to just ride on them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.