How do I put my avatar pic in the forum?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sandra, do you understand there are two places to upload your avatar photo under settings for the forum? The first is under avatar, which you have evidently done already and shows a small image. The other is under social connect where it says create a profile badge. If you create a badge using an uploaded image of your avatar, you can display a larger image on your posts.

Eloise Baily wrote:

Hi Sandra
:)

I think Suella said make it 175 x 190 but mine is 170 x 220.

Good to see you here
:)

Your new badge pic rocks all sorts of awesome, incidentally :) I really need to get around to updating mine because I've noticed a lot of people with cool new badges and I feel left out!

Thanks all! You're too kind :)

It took me freaking ages and lots of pulling out of hair to make the badge if I'm honest! Basically though, the trick is to create each 'frame' you want as a layer in Photoshop (or other image program) then save it as an animated GIF (where yo can specify the time between each frame change).

The biggest pain is aligning each layer (frame) so that it's not jerky. Each of the 'frames' in my badge is a snapshot with a pose inworld using a different facial expression with an emoter. I then add each of the snaps with a different facial expression as their own layer in an Photoshop image, and then add the bubble chat and text to each layer. Of course, I need to size the snapshots down to the right size for the badge and then make sure they are all aligned so that  the transitions are smooth and my avatar image is jumping all over the place!

I believe you can also create an animated badge by recording a video inworld and then saving that as an animated GIF, which is what I think Dana did on her marvellous badge.

I hope that makes some vague semblence of sense! :D If I get chance, i'll try to write up a more meaningful guide. It would have to be based on Photoshop though as that's what I use (the principle would be the same for other programs though). 

In short though, if you wanted to create an animated badge, the best thing to do is to Google some instructions on how to create animated GIFs in your preferred image editing software. Once you know how to do that, it's a case of taking and  editing each snapshot for each frame of your GIF (or recording a short video in SL and converting that to an animated GIF)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.