Looking to have a custom avatar made.

Jagdish Indiawood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all and good morning,

I'm looking for a bit of help and information regarding having a custom avatar made. I've been on SL for some time now but I have yet to find a pre-made avi that I really, really liked. Most come close to what I'm aiming for but not close enough - I play around with the shapes that have mod permissions and only end up with disasters so I thought it would be best to have someone craft for me an avi that is my ideal.

I'm not looking for anything free - I know that it takes valuable time and skill to prepare skins as well as a shape.

What I would like to know is if anyone here in the forum can give me information on how much something like this runs for, names of reliable services/ creators that people have had good work done through and about how long the process takes.

Thanks.

(Also - I did a search for this topic and didn't find anything direct enough. Sorry if this is a topic that's been done to death.)

There are plenty of different threads about this, but since everyone's looking for something different, you have a right to post your specifics ^_^

Having never done this myself, I don't have any suggestions for reliable creators, etc. One suggestion I can make is that if you find a few things that are close to what you want, you can pick up more than one of those and mix and match the parts that work.

Expect to pay at least two or three times the price of a premade avi, at a guess. As for how long, a creator would be able to answer this more accurately than I can.

Good luck!

Like Ariel said, being more specific about your expectations and requirements would help. "Custom" could be anything ranging from shopping help to find the right pieces, and perhaps modding a shape a bit to create your look, to having high end custom content created for your personal enjoyment.

As such, prices will probably range from a couple of hundred Lindens to near-RL hourly dollar rates. :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.