Fading hair bases?

Alustriela

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No, LAQ was, I believe (and still may be) short for Laqroki. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong there, though. Either way, you can find LAQ simply by searching for LAQ. Keep in mind, though, that their hairbases really only work with their skins, or with skins similar in tone. I'm currently (after much debate with myself) wearing a Pink Fuel skin, and can't wear my LAQ black hairbase easily because the Pink Fuel skintone is too...pink, whereas the LAQ skin is more yellow-based. My advice is to compare your skin to an LAQ skin in a similarly light/dark tone (buy a demo if you like, they're free I believe) before buying the hairbase. If they're close, go for it. They do have very nice hairbases. (Also, the demo should come with a hairbase skin, i.e. the hairbase actually attached to the skin, so you can try the hair with the hairbase and see if you like it.) If they're not close, you might want to search elsewhere.

Try the marketplace. Simply type "hairbase" and you should get numerous results.

ETA: Here are the results of a search for "hairbase" on the marketplace, with the results narrowed down to those in the "hair" category. Not all are applicable, but many are, and I spotted a freebie or two in there as well. I'm not precisely sure if this is what you mean by "fading hairbase," but most hairbases are designed to give a more natural, softer hairline. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search%5Bcategory_id%5D=17&search%5Bkeywords%5D=hairbase&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=General&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Moderate&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Adult&search%5Bpage%5D=3&search%5Bper_page%5D=12

Most hair designers have hair bases they offer separately or with their close to the head or 'sleek' hairstyles where you wear the base and prims don't cover the entire head.    I like using he ones from the hair designer as the color of the hair will match better.  Skin doesn't see to be an issue with them BTW, as the edges of the hair seem to be alpha. 

I'd go to the shop where you bought your hair and look for one there.  If you don't see one contact the designer and ask for one.  I imagine they would be accommodating.

The tiny bird hairbases that were mentioned, I had bought those already thinking they would be perfect. It doesn't even peek from under the hair.

Yes, Emotions Eve, Love it still :matte-motes-smile:

I found one that works for me for now, it doesn't change much realy, but adds a little widows peak. It looks a little more natural imo. Its Yasyn's Hairbase- Auntie Jay's Smokestack. Snapshot_005.png

Ty everyone for the suggestions. I've found the one that works for me. Its subtle, but changes the look from wig to hair. Is it OCD to think the tiny difference without and then with the hairbase makes so much difference? I think it turns this beautiful hair into a stunning natural looking mane  :matte-motes-smile: :Snapshot_005.pngSnapshot_004.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.