Sign in to follow this  
Jaikke

What is it about the opposite sex that amazes you or u admire

Hhmmm..  What amazes me about the opposite sex?  This is sort of like a thread that was RIC'd about a month or so ago.  Something about what you look for in a partner.  For me it has absolutely nothing to do with looks because everyone one in SL is good-looking.  It takes more than a hot avi to get my attention.

What I admire in the opposite sex is confidence without cockiness, a great sense of humor, the ability to act like a kid occasionally and emotional strength and maturity.  I admire well spoken and relatively intelligent men.  I enjoy being around flexible, tolerant and open-minded guys.  I definitely am drawn to people that I do not need to 'fix' and don't come to me with baggage.  I will hold your hand because it feels right not because you are in constant need of attention.  I admire men who already have a life and don't expect me to be an entertainment center.  I don't cling and I don't want to have someone clinging on to me.  I can share a life and still allow for another's independence, and they should allow for mine and it IS amazing when you find a person like that.

All these things aren't exclusive in what amazes me or that I admire about the opposite sex.  It is what I admire in everyone I meet.  Admirable qualities can be brought out in everyone (male, female, mixed, asexual)  People and our differences are amazing.  I value independence, confidence and strength (not just the physical kind), so when I find it, I am always amazed...

leyna wrote:

It's difficult for me to say what it is about men that amazes me, maybe "fascinates" is a better word.  I find myself thinking in physical terms because I see the personal qualities of men as being so different from one another and fitting together in different ways.

The first thing that comes to mind is the quality and texture of the male voice, depending on who's it is, it can just undo me. My partner's in particular.  It's rich and deep with a fine silvery finish to it.  Sometimes when he's talking it feels like I'm floating in warm honey.  Don't even get me started on the sound of his laughter

Lovely OP by the way Jaikke
:)

This is very well said. I want to ditto that lol. Add to that the ability to laugh at life and themselves and I'm drawn in. Wrap it up in a pair of broad shoulders and I'm hooked. :matte-motes-smitten:

Edited to agree with Cinn as well.

I was going to give you a smartass answer but I'll give you a real one instead. :)

I can't answer for an entire gender, because the entire gender wouldn't fit into these ideals, lol. But I can tell you what I admire about *some men. Obviously, the ones I value the most. If I think of anything else I'll add to it

The ability to realize that despite the fact that he's a man, it's a-ok to cry when he needs to. Men have emotions too, they also have emotional needs.

Enjoying a good "chick flick" right along with me, and not being ashamed to admit it.

Being able to see the little things in life, being able to enjoy them with me and not always feeling the need to "be the man"(whatever that may entail-insert ginormous amount of testosterone display here..rawr)

Admitting that he has absolutely no mechanical or carpentry skills and accepting that I *can do a better job at fixing something than he can.....and loving, not loathing, that fact.

The hugs, the cuddles, and being able to fully enjoy every second of it without feeling as if I've squished his very manhood out of him.

Knowing that insecurites are part of humanity, and we've all got them. You don't have to be macho, or all "hear me woman" all the time. We can both be insecure, and human, from time to time. It'll be ok.

The lovin'. Oh come on now, you can't tell me you don't enjoy it too, most people do ;)

Someone who can be a goofball at the drop of a hat, just because. I need this, I think everyone does. Laughter is amazing, laughter at the oddest of occasions can be even more amazing.

Most of all, being able to be true to himself, so he can be true to all those around him. That includes being able to admit to fault, because, as humans, we have faults. It also includes being able to accept that I have them too.

I admire and appreciate-

Being able to change more lightbulbs than not without a ladder

Being able to dust the ceiling fans for the same reason as the lightbulbs

Carrying in eight plastic bags of groceries in each arm with the handles all wrapped in his hands (eight trips for me)

Fixing too many things that I would have just had to buy all over again

Encouraging me to remember to take naps on the weekend (probably just laziness on his part, but I appreciate it anyway)

Staring down the repairman/salesman/any jerk who's trying to rip me off

His hands in the dirt planting my flowers and trees, fixing the sprinklers, or just digging (amazing and appreciated... don't know why... careful and sensitive but purposeful  and strong perhaps)

Frisky grin and comforting smile ;)

And ohhhh that smell (not the gym clothes left in the garage smell... but that other smell... ahhhh)

Enjoy your pondering of the opposite sex's peculiarities...

Lanas

The touch of her hand on my naked skin.

The feeling of her soft skin under my touch.

The sparkle in her eyes when she smiles.

Her well-meant mischief.

The way she smells when she is eager and the different one afterwards.

Her way of having fun while going for a certain target and not just the male single-mindeness of reaching that target.

How she makes me see that 2+2 may equal 5 after all.

When she reanges things and prims in a room and it looks much more harmonic and beautiful afterwards.

Yes, the cuddling is exceptional.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Ian Undercroft wrote:

A nice pair of boobs and a pert ass does it for me every time!

It takes three people?

I'm not sure that they qualify as people.

boobies&ass.jpg

/me drools!

Lanas Criss bragging about her man:

I admire and appreciate-

Lanas

Are you, by any chance, willing to share this man on a bi-weekend basis? :matte-motes-big-grin:

- that smug expression on his face at Pay Day when he says "I'll Pay!"

- his ability to stay calm and rational in time of crisis

- his physical strength & stamina (especially in bed... what!? It's true!)

- his selective hearing (trust me you need this when you feel like screaming nonsense at him during those periodical hormonal attacks)

- you had a bad day at work, your house is in a mess, you have a headache, you think you look like a mess and he still wants to have sex!

- the way he opens the door for you

- the way his back makes you feel safe when you hide behind him for whatever reason.

- the manly breathe on your neck when he spoons you

- his driving skill

- the way he's trying to impress you with his cookings

- the way he looks at you when he is in love

- the way he sings quietly

- the way he plays his guitar

- that smile

- his intelligence

- his stupidity & resillient

All the above fascinates me but to amaze me I need to be able to see myself in him. A little narcissistic in a way... but I believe if you don't love yourself first, you can't love another person.

The man who is close to me....

Makes me erupt in gales of laughter with his humor

Stands up for himself, for me, for us when necessary

Is open and vulnerable; tender and loving

Shares some interests with me but has others that interest me

Understands the importance of friendship, honesty and trust

Possesses an intelligence I admire

Makes me smile.....alot

wow starting my day to some awesome heart felt post.  Thank you all

I thought about this a lot last night,  there are so many things I've admired in the girls I've known..........

- how she enjoys simple humor 

- her touches on presents and cards, that extra sparkle that makes it just right

- how she dressses taking that extra bit of time to look just right for her man

- her collection of hair in SL, lol, that one still baffles me but I love it

- how she cuddles into my arms and the world fades away

- how in tune she is with her man,  she seems to know, she just knows 

- her amazing sounds when making love, mmmmm 

- how she finds ways to say little things to build up her man

- her kiss is so amazing

- how she responds to being touched

- the smell of her hair and feel of it on my cheek

- how she ..............yum,  keeping it G rated :)

Thanks for sharing your feelings on this......to all

Somehow I realized you, Venus, Rival, and Rennie are right,  I do think I am totally in love with someone, and I better do something about it.  How come guys are always the last to know?  Well speaking for myself.  Engaging :)

Ian Undercroft wrote:

TheHotCheerLeader's got under your skin too, eh, Jake? Thank goodness I'm not alone!

Speaking of...where is she/he today?

Perrie Juran wrote:

they can have multiple orgasms

it's like the difference between a fully automatic rifle and a single shot pistol sometimes.

us poor men, always have to reload and recock.

gads, i get jealous of that.

Men can learn that trick too. Orgasm and ejaculation are two unrelated events, one just so happens to quickly follow the other. All it takes to learn how to prevent this and enjoy one without the other is a little pubococcygeus muscle training, a.k.a. Kegel exercises.

(Sorry if this is tmi, but I'm a firm believer that
scientia potentia est.
Pun intended.)

wouldn't it just be easier to snap a rubber band around your sac?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

they can have multiple orgasms

[...]

Men can learn that trick too. Orgasm and ejaculation are two unrelated events, one just so happens to quickly follow the other. All it takes to learn how to prevent this and enjoy one without the other is a little pubococcygeus muscle training, a.k.a. Kegel exercises.

(Sorry if this is tmi, but I'm a firm believer that
scientia potentia est.
Pun intended.)

I don't think so. Seminal fluid does not only consist of sperm, but also of secretions that are produced by the prostate. That's why men are still able to ejaculate after a vasectomy, which is basically what one would simulate by tying off the vas deferens. The ejaculation would simply consist of prostate fluid without any seminal content, but it would still trigger the refractory period.

What needs to be pinched off is the part of the urethra that is closest to the bladder and prostate. This can either be done by exerting finger pressure on the perineum (commonly known as the "taint") or by tensing the PC muscle. The latter is a lot more effective, because shutting off the urethra is the sole function of this muscle after all (usually to control the urine flow). When done correctly, i.e. at the right moment, this does not only stop the flow of prostate secretions, but can completely prevent an ejaculation.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

awww no special pose Lanas? :-(

I imagined you might have come up with a *fishing story/one that got away pose type of thing.

@Maryanne - Seriously... I know... I so wanted to do a pose and fishing would be fantastic, but I'm stuck with some actual SL work this week that I'm horribly delinquent on... if this thread survives another couple days I'll surely contribute!

@Willow - Since you are my friend and have provided abundant indulgences you're more than welcome borrow him on a bi-weekend basis for changing lightbulbs, dusting ceiling fans, carrying groceries, handyman repairs, nap reminders, serious staring at meanies, and earthmoving labor... he's actually quite inexpensive and works for pizza or cheesy nachos (shredded cheese, not ballpark Velveeta)... you're even welcome to his smile, however the frisky grin is alllllll mine ;)

Good grief, there are several great picture pose ideas tucked into all of the above as well... oh to be finished with my 'work'!

Enjoy these wonderful reads... Appreciation for others is a very fun feeling

Lanas

Perrie Juran wrote

But...what if the rubber band breaks?

P.S. If you cannot 'come', call me.

Venus, we do have industrial strength rubbers nowadays you know... I also believe this was used to be the method for sterilizing dogs in the olden days before scrotectomy.

@ Perrie: Rubber may not do it for some obvious practical reasons. But I read somewhere that there was this hand manipulation technique that were used by the kamasutra practitioners, sexperts and highly sought after prostitutes. Amateur couples were advised to use this technique with discretion and if possible with initial supervision. It may have  to do with trust, pain and testicular torsion. But they say this is highly effective and recommended... I have not tested it myself.

Lanas!! THANK YOU!!!! Why can't we find more minimal wage labourer lover like that? I mean my last partner was so expensive I'm still hiding from the bank. At one time, I was like staring at this meanie to back off and my ex-partner thought I was flirting with that person... gawd, that had my eyes rolling with amazement.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote

But...what if the rubber band breaks?

ball ring.jpg

Could get one of these instead.

Venus Petrov wrote

P.S. If you cannot 'come', call me.

Phone sex?