My clothes wont rezz to others even if i see myself fine..help!

mishca Hinterland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ive been having problems with my clothing for more than a month now. Even if i change my clothes people still see me with my previous dress. But in my screen I see myself fine. I tried everything cleared cache. reinstalled viewer, changed viewer, character test, fetched my inventory sometimes it works but then once i change again my outfit i end up with my old problem. Please help Im so tired trying all sorts but nothing is working. Help Help!

Thank u Rolig for your suggestion ill try that. Most friends say too it must be my connection but since i started SL ive been using same connection. This actually started happening when i started using phoenix. From the start ive been with SL viewer but as time passes sl viewer makes me crash like hell so i switched to phoenix and boy i love it! But then suddenly this problem of mine just never ends just too frustrating to play SL. Hopefully your suggestion works! Thanks so much! Hey Loveangel thank u too so much! First time i heard of your suggestion very interesting ill try it. A friend pass on phoenix physics to me but wore it few times only coz i started having problems with my clothes. So should i delete that physics folder even if i dont use it?

2 answers to this question

There are two general reasons why people have this problem.  One is that the avatar data files or the texture cache on their computer become corrupted, so that they are no longer in sync with SL's servers.  If that's the cause of the problem, you can often solve it by clearing cache, reinstalling the viewer, doing a character test, and the other things you tried.  The other general reason is that there's a connection problem somewhere between your computer and SL's servers, so that perfectly good data are being lost along the way.  Clearing cache and doing character tests won't fix that.  You need to work on the connection issue.

Open your Statistics Bar (CTRL + Shift + 1) and look at two numbers near the top of the display. Packet Loss is a measure of the percentage of data that isn't getting to the destination -- it's being lost along the way.  That should be a very small number, ideally zero.  If it's more than a few tenths of a percent, you'll have trouble getting textures to resolve, and worse.  The other number to look at is Ping Sim.  That's a measure of how long it takes (in milliseconds) for data sent by your computer to reach SL.  That one will bounce around a bit, but should normally be well under 100 milliseconds.  If it is greater, it's taking way too long to get information where it needs to go. 

The weakest link in your connection is the router, unless you are using wireless. (If you're using wireless, don't.  That may clear up your problem right away.) Your router could just be getting old and tired and telling you that it needs a replacement.  (Mine did, and it made a world of difference.) Before you decide that's the solution, though, try rebooting the router by unplugging it for a few minutes. Do the same with the modem.  Then plug them back in and reboot your computer.  That will clear out any garbage in the router's RAM and will grab your IP address all over again.  Then try changing your DNS settings.  Use Google's free public DNS servers instead of whatever your local ISP has provided.  See http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/ for how to do that.  Changing that routing may help clear a bottleneck.  Then, in your viewer, go to Preferences >> Graphics and reduce your maximum bandwidth slider setting to something like 500 or 1,000.  

See if any of those things make a difference.  If not, come back and post an additional comment by clicking on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and selecting EDIT.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.