Alpha Mask for Ankles

Anahata Love

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got a free alpha mask package and noticed they had one called "no wrist lump".   It got me wondering if there was an alpha mask to make our ankles not so bony.  When I wear flats it really bugs me if I'm not wearing long pants to have my ankles misshapen.  My feet are set to 0 (so I can wear shoes that are usually set to 0), and my legs are of normal slider proportions.  Still I get this: 

Snapshot_021.jpg

If anyone knows someone who posesses this magic alpha, could you let me know?  Thank you.

Hello Anahata. I don't think that there is something to fix the problem. The best way to avoid it is to wear sculpted feet.

Διαφάνεια1.PNG

With flat shoes depends of the shape and of the angle you look at.

flat shoes.png

Look with flats. Only in 3rd pic the problem is visible (no so much as in yours). In other pics (especially in fourth) feet / ankles look perfect.

The prim naked feet is what you wear when you're on the beach, or want to have no shoes on. They are sold as tiptoes, flat feet, or even some in between. So if you buy tiptoes, you tiptoe all the time... :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

The shoes with prim feet in comes with the shoes, and you can't take off the shoes and wear only naked feet.

UGH, I hate SL default "cankles". It is also the "dent" on the foot whe you wear high heels. No wonder prim feet shoes sell, even if colormatching can be a pain. The default feet is just too ugly to watch.  

UncommonTruth wrote:

You can wear shoes with the feet? I did not know that, or, I'm confused. ^^

UncommonTruth wrote:

You can wear shoes with the feet? I did not know that, or, I'm confused. ^^

Nods. Unfortunately default avatar's feet look awful at least for me. I use to say that avatars have no feet, they have oars. Sculpted feet anytime i want to be barefoot is one of the first things i purchased when i started SL. About shoes, i buy only scuplted ones (with feet, real toes etc) and without invisible prims (Alpha layer - no transparency arround foot / shoe). Shoes come with a hud with which you change the skin's colour etc. Sometimes to adjust the colour is really a pain but it is worth to spend some time.

thank you for the feeback :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

some of you wonderful designers who make prim feet should start making prim feet with flats on them.  you would make a killing off me alone!  hehe.

i know it's a pain to match the skins flawlessly where they meet, but when you can't get it 'just perfect' that's what cute little beaded anklets are for!  (when you wear skirts or capris.)

what are the best prim flat feet for attempting to add flats over.

loveangel:  yes i definitely wear sculpted feet with strappy sandals/heels, but flats & pumps (that aren't the prim feet style that seem to only come with straps around the ankle to hide the skin difference) are my pet peeve!  

the flat oary foot thing in pumps (even with alpha) is a very sad thing too.  it seems the higher the heels are the more misshapen your foot gets, i bought a great pair of kookie shoes the other day and they looked like the old fashioned noob shoes.  i mean the shoes were gorgeous, if only my feet were not deformed.

thanks again.

I'm curious what skin you use? The brand, I mean. Many of the most popular shoe creators have a card included as to what values to input into the HUD to get a close skin match for the most popular skin brands, such as LAQ, Belleza, etc. I know Maitreya does this, for one.

Before that, I used "show color under cursor," stood on a pose stand for a static pose, and positioned the cursor just above where the shoe met the leg. Use a windlight setting (I like Nam's Optimal Skin 2) and find a fairly solid area of ankle somewhere in between the lightest and darkest tones. I used outside of the leg, on the side, a little more towards the back. Get the value there, then input it into the shoe; most have a "custom color" or "Input RGB Values" section for you to customize your own color.

Of course, you may very well already know all this ^_^ Just a tip, hope it helps!

i use dutch touch, mamboo, curio, tres blah & mynerva.  don't have a problem using huds to match the skins.  its funny though, because i too use nans optimal for making outfits!  small world lol.

maitreya is awesome!  i have their flip flops.  how are their feet? 

i'll just wait for a designer to put some 'ballet' flats on some feet.  until then maybe i'll start wearing leg warmers :smileytongue:

Hi Ariel...yes, when I use Maitreya I don't have a problem, it's all the other ones that do not list the skin brands.  I use LAQ mainly, switch to Eye Candi once in awhile..that one is hardest to match up :(

I will have to try the color under cursor thingy, thanks :)

"Cankles" ..don't get me started LOL...I hate them. So I spent a lotta time finding ways to cover them. I have a folder called "Ankle Fixers" and I put every prim ankle cover up I could find in my inventory in it. Someone would make a freakin' fortune if they made MESH ankles that were skin matchable. I saw Mesh hands, somewhere, why can't someone make MESH ankles! Then we can wear our prim stilettos, etc, without cankles. : )

But speaking of bare feet, I was able to take a pair of sandals that had no prim feet and add my pair of prim barefeet to them. I took awhile to get it just right, but I did it! LOL

Snapshot_001.jpgSnapshot1_001.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.