Sign in to follow this  

Swimming AO keeps drowning!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am very new so  I apologise if this is a very basic question.  I have created an animation in QAvimator and uploaded to SL. It works fine except that I can't stay on top of the water. If the land sinks - she follows it.  Is this a positioning problem or is there a rule to set for staying on the horizon? Any tips would be appreciated

Yep, it will follow the land. Unless of course, its on a poseball. But then they can't move.

I'm pretty sure you have to mess with scripts to get your lovely sim floating. Or, try flying perhaps. But, that also follows the elevation of the land.

Sorry I'm not more help.

You need a specific script for that. Your animation will not stand alone to simulate  linden waters' buoyancy. Im not a scriptor but i think boats/water vehicles  and surfboards  has a bit the same script for swimming hud or attachment.

Check out "swimmer or swimmer's hud" in marketplace, one example of a swimming hud or attachment that can follow or simulate the buoyancy of  linden waters. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Swimmer-206-from-Waterworks-Swim-in-prim-OR-sim-water/908729

Also try to post some help of question in the  LSL forum category.

Thank you very much for your answers - at least I know why. Give me a couple of years to learn to write script and maybe I'll have another go! Thanks again.

to buoyancy your avatar you hae to wear (on body or as HUD) an object wit a script like this:

float glgLiv=0.05;
{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetHoverHeight(glgLiv, TRUE, 1);
     }
}
With this script only It will allow you to detect water level and bouyancy at horizon. You will be trapped at that level.

To build a swimmer is not easy, need to activate the right animations at right moment. I worked on it 1 year. Look here:

if you want i gift you it, call me in world

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-best-Swimmer-25-3000-items-sold-in-2010-a-kiss-included/630342

I apologise for my late reply - but WOW! That is amazing and I will certainly be cheeky and get in touch in the New Year! Merry Christmas!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.