Having issues logging into second life

XMidnightX Jules

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Having Issues loging into second life it saying that i cant not log into second life from this computer. I was login yesterday but i have a slow internet, and I was wondering if it had to do with the updates the regions here getting tonight. I Didnt not reseave a message saying that my accounts werent banded  

1 answer to this question

That message is often LL's code for telling you that you have been banned, but recently it has been triggered for some people by having a wonky router.  Try two different things:

(1) Reboot your router and modem by unplugging both of them for a few minutes while you go make a cup of coffee. Then plug them back in and reboot your computer.  That process will clear any garbage in your router's RAM and will force the system to grab your IP address again.

(2)  If that doesn't work, try changing your DNS settings to Google's free public DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) instead of using whatever you ISP gives you by default.   Here's how >>> http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Those two steps will clear up any problem LL's servers have in identifying your IP address correctly.  If they don't cure the problem for you, though, your only other option is to file a support ticket and wait for LL to repair things on their end.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.