Sign in to follow this  
Staralien

Want To BUY Land

Hello, I am relatively new to SL and learning quickly. Sort of. I have been doing a lot of research and decided to post here hoping that the people here can help. I plan on getting a premium account in a couple of weeks, when my budget will allow it, paying for the full year. Then I want to buy two properties. The first one will be the 1024 parcel, the second 512. I want to start small and keep my teir at $8.00 a month for now. The larger parcel, I plan on putting up a cute apartment complex with a courtyard. The apartments will each have two rooms, one on the lower level, with a room above it. I am in the process of building it and am quite pleased with how it is coming along. I plan on renting the apartments for about 125L a week as I have found there is a lack of "cheap" housing and I think this is a reasonable price, plus I would make a small profit above my teir fees at this rate. I am looking for a nice, flat, green property at a reasonable price in a nice location. The second property, the 512, I am wanting in a town with good traffic, as this one I plan on making commercial with an apartment on the top story for myself. I plan on offering very reasonable rates on this one as well, depending on the location. Any help on finding suitable locations for my little business venture would be much appreciated. I am not interested in renting as I want to own the land. I also want a reasonable, fair price. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! 

Edit: I keep re=thinking this and thinking I may want to buy 2,o48 parcel instead. Not much more in teir, and more space and prims!

Just checking: You do know how to use Search to find parcels for sale, right?  This query might be useful for finding that 1024, for example.  The same thing can be done with in-world Search, of course, so you can easily teleport to the parcels that look interesting.

I don't want to be discouraging, but the 512 in particular seems awfully small for renting out a shop and having a residential apartment, sharing 117 prims.  (Well, you could buy double-primmed land, but it is many times more expensive to purchase.)  

I'd also caution that "good traffic" in an area is not as valuable as you may think.  Very few sales are the result of "foot traffic" in the general vicinity, and the traffic statistic is more an indication used by individual parcel owners to measure the effectiveness of their Search listings (and, theoretically, other promotions, although Search swamps everything else).

Thanks for your reply and info. Yes I am using all search methods and teleporting to different locations. I just thought that if I posted here, someone might have something they are wanting to sell that I would be interested in. Just trying to use all resources, this being one of them. Thanks for explaining traffic patterns. That is a little confusing and I have a better understanding of it. I did realize that my expectations for the land I want to buy needed to be altered and have decided that I am going to up the teir and buy larger land. My apartment community is going to be small, not a mega-plex by any means. I mainly want to get my feet wet and start out small and see what happens. As for the smaller parcel, I will probably go a bit larger. I myself can completely decorate an apt for 20 prims, as I am now living in an apt that only allows that. Most of the items I have made myself and it is completely furnished including a 1 prim kitchen I bought, a fireplace, and wall art. It is amazing what you can do when you have limits and love to decorate! The apartment complex is completed with only 49 prims. I had the help of a builder friend and I am very pleased with the end result. I hope others will be too and want to live there. I plan on offering it furnished, but it all can be removed and someone can have their own stuff if they prefer. I have no idea how successful I will be in this venture, but I am excited to give it a good try!