New skin opinion.....

Georgina Mornington

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys!

I hope you wont mind just answing a quick question for me, I'm finding it hard to decide on my own!

Basically I just bought a skin pack from Lara Hurley, loved the make up variations, but after buying I found the skin was originally released in 2008.

Obviously with such an old skin I now worry that its going to look dated to some other people, I still love the make up selection but would like your opinions please? Dont worry about offending me, I'd rather know the truth! hehe :)

Snapshot_002.png

For years, the pale lip glosses have been the in thing.  Personally, I like color on the lips myself in rl and in sl, and I love the blue-red red lipsticks rather than the orange-red lipsticks which I don't care for at all, so I think you made a nice choice with the make-up, as me, personally, I like colors on the lips rather than so pale.

Also, some lipsticks in darker shades are making a comeback, and that is a very glamourous blue-red.  A blue-red color would be on the cool scale for make-up which you could read about what cool colored make-up is on the internet as opposed to warm make-up and what colors of clothing go well with cool make-up as opposed to warm shades of make-up, etc.  An orange-red lipstick would be on the warm scale for make-up.  My personal preference has always been "cool" make-up rather than "warm". 

I think it looks great and hip and I'm glad to see some of the very pale lip glosses go away!

ETA:  I just checked on the internet for websites decribing cool and warm make-up and there are a lot.  Just type in your search bar cool and warm make-up and that should take you to a lot of websites that explain how to balance your cool tones, what to wear, etc. 

Here's one example:

http://www.easymakeupguide.com/makeupcolors.html

p.s.  Also, the eye make-up is cool on your new skin and so is the blush, so looks good!

Aww thank you hun! Thats really helpfull :)

I was happy with the make up colours included in the fatpack, theres about 10ish in all. This is just one of them :)

I was more worried about the quality of the skin though to be honest, with it beeing a couple of years old i was wondering if the detailing was showing to be lacking a little now and if it was an obviously old skin or if it still looks new and stylish. Hopefully the style of the makeups will help with keeping it looking good even though its a bit older.

I think it's lovely. Many times the older the skin, the lower the detail. If you look at very old skins, there's very little definition and changes in color in the skin, while the newer skins have a lot of definition and color changes - like real skin. Yours has very nice definition, color changes, and detail. I think it looks quite lovely, not old or outdated at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.