Lost coalesced object in sandbox.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had picked up my 2 DVD players and the table they sat on as one coalesced object.  I tried to rez it in a sandbox, and in local chat I saw "Attempt to rez item failed."  Now, the item is not in my inventory.  It's been over 24 hours, so the sandbox should have returned it by now if for some reason it actually did rez.  But, now I don't see the item in my inventory, and I had many many $L's worth of movies installed in my DVD players.  Can someone please help?

4 answers to this question

The locally cached copy of your inventory may be out of sync with SL's asset servers, where the actual inventory is stored.   To rebuild it.....

1. Open Preferences → Network & Cache
2. Go to the first path “Cache Location” and click the “Open” button behind the path. This will open a file explorer window displaying your current cache location.
3. Logout (close the viewer) and then delete everything inside the cache folder displayed in your file explorer.

Now continue as follows:

1.Log back into SL, to a quiet region (try Smith or Pooley). On your inventory window, click “Recent Items”.
2.Wait for your inventory to repopulate fully. The process may be sped up, if necessary, by typing random letters into the search bar.
3.While inventory repopulates, do not teleport anywhere, and do not attempt to access anything in your inventory. Talk to people or surf the web, or just go out for coffee
4.Watch as it repopulates. As long as you can see (Fetched…) at the top of the inventory window, it is still loading.
5.Once inventory has repopulated, log out of SL once more, then log back in.

That should restore your local copy, and with luck your missing objects will be there, in its Lost & Found folder.

• Like 1

Rats! It probably would not have been returned as a coalesced item, you know. You should have received the two DVD players and the table as separate items unless you were foresighted enough to have your Edit tool open as you rezzed the coalesced object. Anyway... you would have noticed them back in inventory by now too. OK..... Your best shot now is to call Live Chat, assuming that you are a Premium member. If you aren't, and if the movies are really worth a lot to you, it may be worth becoming Premium just to be able to use Live Chat for this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.