Wanted: Business Partner

Marshal Carfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there,

I am searching for a business partner to run some form of a land/space rental company. I have HippoRent (Web Enabled) and several other HippoTech products which can be used advantageously towards a rental company.

I merely search for a partner which can/will meet the following criteria:

1. Can fund land rental for as long as the business is active, and will give me full ownership permissions alongside them retaining their own permissions (Via deeding the land to the group and setting thereself and myself as land owner).
  2. Is willing to dedicate as much time as (dynamically) required in order to ensure longevity of pre-mentioned business.
  3. Speaks and writes fluent english and is available atleast in the afternoons (based on the British Standard Time - BST Timezone).
  4. Preferred: Experience with the usage of the HippoRent and HippoTech systems.

Please Note: Such mentioned business partner shall be given full access to the web control panel for the HippoTech products.

Please IM or PM me ingame if you would like to take up my offer of the aforementioned business proposal.

A couple of questions:

Quoted:  Can fund land rental for as long as the business is active,

Is the funding to be 50/50?

Also, what holdings do you presently have and are they?

Lastly, How long have you been in the land/rental business?

Thanks.

Edited to add:  Am confused - I read your profile to contact you in world, you are offline & profile says:

words, words, words,

/me quits Second Life.
/me becomes devoted to OSGrid.org

Anybody who wants to stay in contact my name on OSGrid is Dale Betterlife.
Link redacted
and

Link redacted

Did you quit sl before or after you started this thread?

In answer to your questions:

The funding will not instantly be 50/50 - Hence why I am in search of a business partner.

I don't currently have any holdings but I did run MC Rentals around a year ago, which became very successful until I could no longer fund the business.

I went absent from the land/rental business after closing MC Rentals down as I moved onto working with a few friends at OSGrid.

In relation to your edit: As you can see from the aforementioned answers to your questions, that was written after the closure of MC Rentals, I have since returned and have plenty of time to dedicate to such business.

It was summarised too brief in that statement; I admit that.

I was basically trying to imply that it wasn't as profitable as I'd liked it to of been, during a majority of the MC Rentals life time I was breaking even with some months giving profit. Profitable? Yes. Consistently Profitable? No.

I don't like to be too cruel, but surely you can see there is nothing in this for a potential partner.

The deal you are offering is, I get to spend thousands of US dollars financing this business, while you spend nothing, you will then take half of the profits.

All you have to offer is your track record in land management which by your own admission only delivered profits on some occassions and can at best be described as 'chequered'.

It seems to me that you want to go on the Great Land Owner Ego Trip and are expecting someone else to pay the fare.

Exactly what are you bringing to this party which makes it attractive to a potential partner?

Ignore Ziggy, he's just a troublemaker but he makes some valid points, even if he can only afford a Pizza anyway.

Notably that the digest of your information suggests that you ran your land business for a short while but ran out of money and gave up.

Now, if that's entirely inaccurate then I'd suggest starting all over again and provide some accurate figures because the information that's available so far doesn't describe things in a positive light.

Imagine you want to hire someone to paint your house and they replied and said "Yes I can do it, I have lots of experience, i've done it before and on the last job, I ran out of paint half way through and then went on holiday."

In my world, if you wanted to attract a business partner, even someone who is partly or the larger financier, you should be pitching with a bit more of a business plan, stating how you're going to make them money, over what timescale and with what exit strategy.  I can undersand if you don't want to to share that publicly but the reason you're attracting the negative comments is only because of the limited information available doesn't provide enough detail to form a suitable picture from which to start.

I wish you well though, nothing ventured, nothing gained and to ensure guaranteed failure, never attempt anything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.