Sign in to follow this  
Jochen Alex

Will the price of a grandfathered sim stay the same after i buy it?

I am thinking about buying a grandfathered sim from someone else. But the price for his sim is higher than for a "regular" sim.

Do i still have to pay the "grandfather" price when i buy the sim from him? Or do the monthly fees change?

I mean, he told me something like he pays 300 some dollars per month. But i think a regular sim would be cheaper, right?

A granfatherd sim would have a monthly maintenance fee of about $200 USD.  If you bought it, the fee would go up to $300 USD.  That is the same as any other sim that is not grandfathered.  

TKR

Do not buy a grandfathered sim at a premium rate, grandfathered sims lose grandfathered status on transfer, you will pay USD$295 a month when you take ownership.

A sim only remains grandfathered while the person you are buying from owns it.  When it transfers it goes to the current tier rate.  It used to remain grandfathered, but that changed this year I'm pretty sure.  Here is the link for the post the Lindens made about it:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Land-and-Sea-General/Island-Monthly-Fee-Pricing-for-2010/ba-p/654801