Any nice sims??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey! :D

So I wanna take some pics with friends, I use inworld shadows so I don't want to use a greenscreen, rather a nice in-world location that I can rez my poses and take some pics. Everywhere I have been is either not very friendly on the eye or in most cases you are not allowed to rez... I understand the reason sim owners prevent people rezzing but it's realllly frustrating! Maybe if they had a 1 minute return time that way anything not being used is returned O-o

Anyway, I would REALLLY appreciate some SLURLS to some places I can visit and rez..

Thanks!!

Ecila And Tristen.jpg

This method uses natural SL light so it can't be anywhere in a skybox like the cyber sim insilico :P

That is gorgeous lighting!  Well done!

There might be a huge 2-story rental home on my sim available for you to turn into your personal photo studio house.  Now, this would be for personal photography use as professional photography studios are not allowed on residential sims.  However, when I first move into my SL rental house, I had plans to make it a personal photography house where I could set up backgrounds and poses, etc, for a SL hobby.

Anyhow, it's not a bad idea to rent a SL home and turn it into your own private photography studio (but again, commercial photography is not allowed).

If you are interested in the sim I rent on (it's 400 lins a week for 350 prims) to make your own personal photo studio, just IM me inworld, and the house is huge where you could put lots of props, backdrops, etc.  I think you would be able to sell your photos as artworks, but not have a professional studio where people are going in and out all day because that would cause a lot of lag. 

I saw some free beginners photography backdrops or some free photography stuff on SL Marketplace.  A lot of the poses are like 1 linden each.  That's why I was going to try to first turn my SL rental house into a personal photography place as a hobby because a lot of photography stuff is free or nearly free on Marketplace, and that's awesome for beginner's getting into SL photography as a hobby.  Now I've talked to commerical photographer's and then spent a lot of money getting their professional studio going, a lot!

Also, you could ask my landlady for 300 prims at 350 lins a week; that's something like $6-7 U.S. dollars a month; that's hardly anything.  A SL job for just a few hours a week could easily pay for your hobby. 

Anyhow, just a suggestion, as that's what I was going to do, but decided to make my SL home a home instead. 

Here's the link to Marketplace, which is right here on this webpage (Marketplace is not rezzed nor inworld; it's like shopping on Ebay or Amazon with a checkout cart).  To search for items in the 0 to 10 Linden category, just hit 'see all categories' to the left of the page, and that should open your pricing menu on Marketplace.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/

You have run into the SL bug-a-boo.  Most land owners who are generous enough to open their builds/sims for public viewing and enjoyment also do not want to be in the business of cleaning up objects people leave lying about.  Now, I know you are not like that.

I can recommend the sim feast.  As of today, still, one can rez objects there.

Good luck!

Tristen Starsider wrote:

Hey!
:D

So I wanna take some pics with friends, I use inworld shadows so I don't want to use a greenscreen, rather a nice in-world location that I can rez my poses and take some pics. Everywhere I have been is either not very friendly on the eye or in most cases you are not allowed to rez... I understand the reason sim owners prevent people rezzing but it's realllly frustrating! Maybe if they had a 1 minute return time that way anything not being used is returned O-o

Anyway, I would REALLLY appreciate some SLURLS to some places I can visit and rez..

Thanks!!

Ecila And Tristen.jpg

This method uses natural SL light so it can't be anywhere in a skybox like the cyber sim insilico
:P

Again, this is an awesome photo.  Absolutely stellar and your talent for photography is far better than the backdrop you are using in this photo.  That backdrop is not as good as your talent.

I collect some avatar art and it is also sold on Marketplace under the category of 'art'.

Here is a link to art on Marketplace (you find Marketplace by pointing your mouse to shopping rather than community).

You have talent!  Maybe you could sell some avatar art?  I like the Gothic, the Medieval; but Vampire and other avatar styles of art are also popular both inworld and on Marketplace.  You should post that photo in "The Vanity" thread also.  It's very well done; most beautiful lighting I've ever seen, but the backdrop doesn't do justice to your talent, imo.  I wish you luck as well!  You are good!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search%5Bcategory_id%5D=29

There would be more an more cool sims if Linden Lag stops their endless greed.

like in avination you can get full private sim for ca 60 USD per month.

Linden Lag asks ca 300 USD. somehow they dont get it that smaller price gets more people to want private sims. :) And usaully the best sims are all in private regions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.