using the mouse to move...

Machen Savira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hiyas!

so for about 2 years ive been basically click and holding the left mouse button somewhere on my avi, and then moving her with the "w,a,s,d" keys... makes turnin easier, less clunky lookin and generally is smoother for me to get around! Well since this last update, i dont have that ability now... when i left click/hold on my avi, it brings up a "SL hand" for "moving" things inworld which inturn only pans my camera around.... personally i dont need this option since i use the ctrl+alt+mouse to perv accordingly. I saw nothing in options that looked as though this could be fixed. Any help is appreciated! ^.^

Hmmmmm..its not I feature I use but I just tested it and left click/hold with wasd still works to move my avatar and allow for rapid camera panning with the mouse while moving.  I'm running 3.0.3 which is the latest release that's not beta.  At this point, not quite sure what setting would cause the problem you are having.

--Cinn

I've never found a need for WASD in over 4 years here, so that method seems clunky to me.  I guess it's all a matter of what you're comfortable with.  I just use arrow keys.  If you need to switch to moving the camera instead of moving the av, use combinations of CTRL, Alt, and Shift with the arrows (or the mouse).

Like Cinn I never use that method of moving but it does work for me in the latest viewer 3.0.3.

All I can suggest is you remove the user_settings file in AppData > SecondLife > Roaming and restart your computer before logging in again. This will reset all settings to default but you will have to redo any you changed from default.

Enable Hidden Files & Folders:

1) Open Control Panel
2) Open “Folder Options”
3) Open the “View” tab
4) Check “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”

Press OK and close control panel.

Accessing AppData:

Browse to the path below that corresponds to your operating system:

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\

Windows Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\

Windows Vista Home Premium - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\

Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\ 

Inside the AppData folder:

Open the Secondlife > Roaming folder and delete the file user_settings.xml (or move elsewhere so you can replace it if this fails to work) then close folder and restart your computer before logging in again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.