why should paying rod's wages be so awkward?

Sigren Panthar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tonight, for the second time in a row, I had to come out of secondlife to buy $L in order to pay my parcel rentals.

In the past, I could just use phoenix viewer to do so, nice and easy.  Now, I have to go through the convoluted process of buying them from the webpage, singing in twice in the process.  

Eventually, after a torturous process, and signing on twice (what?...are fraudsters going to throw in the towel because SL asks them to sign in twice??  I think not.) I managed to pay Rod's frappacino and sandwhich for the day, and keep my landlord in SL happy.

I noticed a live support chat box for problems, so duly opened it and tried to query why inworld currency purchasing was not working, resulting in an emails saying :-

An attempt to purchase Linden dollars for your account via the Lindex page on secondlife.com has failed 

The customer service rep was hopeless.  At the end, I actually asked if they had read anything I had posted in the last 5 minutes, and closed the chat. 

But, hey....we got shiny profiles like facebook and twitter, and AI is coming...which is what long term residents have been begging for, and is much more important than fixing the grid and investment in servers.

Sigren Panthar wrote:

Eventually, after a torturous process, and signing on twice (what?...are fraudsters going to throw in the towel because SL asks them to sign in twice??  I think not.) 

I can't comment on the rest of your post, but there is a real reason to have you sign in twice. Read up on session high jacking.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.