Moving the avatar with a RL dance pad

Esko Levee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can't find info on how to get my USB dance pad work properly with SL viewer.

With joystick settings I was able to move, and 'up' arrow made my avatar walk, but the camera changed its position right above avatar even though I deselected flycam. 'Left' arrow forced me to fly, and 'right' made me crawl. 

Isn't there any way to select key-bindings? That'd be the most obvious and easiest way.

Any idea if there are charts for joystick configuration that would work with a dance pad? Tried to google with "second life" joystick configuration "dance pad" but didn't land on any lucid page.

I've never heard of anyone using a dance pad to control their avatar for dancing in SL.  I suppose it's possible but SL doesn't support a device like that for avatar movement (or cam movement....heck, nothing associated with a dance pad).  Trial and error would be your best hope unitl some 13 year old geek figures it out for you. :matte-motes-big-grin:  It may be impossible too......since I know dance pads have been out for sometime now and no one (that I've heard of) has successfully used one.  If you figure it out you'll probably be "famous" in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.