Farewell, Mr. Jobs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had thoughts today realizing how much Steve Jobs has changed my life.

I honestly have no idea what I'd be doing today, or where I would be, without his vision.

Probably working some dreary non-creative job, staring at a screen like this:

3516964459_428f94c63a.jpg

Much of the design software I use today probably wouldn't exist, or if it existed at all, it probably wouldn't be accessible in a user friendly format which I could understand!

As a digital artist & designer, I see that his devices allow me to express myself in ways I just would not be capable of without.

It is amazing, this one man, he changed my world.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ima Rang wrote:

kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

I started a post to dis the man, but I decided that would be rude.  Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs.

What is there to dis about him? 

He was far from sainthood, as are most of us, but it's neither the time nor the place to trawl over that now.

Sy Beck wrote:

Ima Rang wrote:

kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

I started a post to dis the man, but I decided that would be rude.  Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs.

What is there to dis about him? 

He was far from sainthood, as are most of us, but it's neither the time nor the place to trawl over that now.

My deepest apologies, Mr. Beck.

I think an abacus is more like a bicycle for your mind, rather than a computer. Both an abacus and a bicycle are purely mechanical devices relying upon human power for operation.

His other analogy of a computer being like an automobile for your mind was better. Perhaps it was Apple's ad agency that came with the campaign: Think of it as a Maserati for your mind.

If you think about, both cars and computers can be used to facilitate sex it. Bicycles and abacuses not so much.

A woman comes along and watches that video and writes:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Cool!

A man comes along and watches that video and writes:

Randall Ahren wrote:

If you think about, both cars and computers
can be used to facilitate sex
it. Bicycles and abacuses not so much.

*laughing* 

(Just kidding with you Randall, I know you're a deep thinker.  But you're sooo a man! ; )

geez, you just don't wanna let it go... ok, i think we all know about his "famous philosophical" Stanford speech, where he was talking about death as part of life, and perhaps the greatest inventions of life.. old things get replaced with new, opening way to fresh ideas, bla bla... my joke (not very original and funny, i might add) was reffering to that, something in the lines of: Jobs, Life, whomever, has came up with iDead, so Apple can have a brigh future.

Speaking or tasteless, there is a sentence in that speach, when he was speaking to LIVE students, how one day they will also die and be repaced with fresh human beings... 

proving what? that even he could be tasteless and funny at the same time? =P

taste is always a matter of opinion, I only responded because you suggested I didn't think it was funny... the two things aren't mutually exclusive in my book (just ask anyone that tries not to laugh at the stupid things done by people close to them)

@Mads
sure I can, but good for who? =D =X =D >=)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.