Sign in to follow this  
Carabiners

How can I get rid of my Second Life download?

Question

Hello Carabiners and welcome to SL Forums. We are not the Second Life technical support, just residents like you. You can uninstall anytime SL as you uninstall every program.

Start Button --> Control Panel --> Program and Features --> select the program --> Uninstall.

After that, delete also all contests at the following folders:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

That's all.

4 answers to this question

Hello Carabiners and welcome to SL Forums. We are not the Second Life technical support, just residents like you. You can uninstall anytime SL as you uninstall every program.

Start Button --> Control Panel --> Program and Features --> select the program --> Uninstall.

After that, delete also all contests at the following folders:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

That's all.

I hear something else behind your question, so let me answer it too..... Removing the viewer from your computer does not cancel your account.  To do that, you need to go to your dashboard at secondlife.com and then to Account >> Cancel Account .  If you are a Premium member, you will need to settle any financial obligations by paying the final bill from LL.  As an alternative, provided that you do not have any recurring charges, you can just walk away without cancelling a Basic account.  The advantage is that if you change your mind later, your inventory and account balance will still be there, and you won't need to pay a $9.95 fee to recover them.  It's worth thinking about.  We get questions from quite a few people who have been away from SL for a year or more and want to pick up where they left off.

• Like 1

One, this is just a user to user forum.  As such, we are not employees of Linden Labs. 

Second, all you have to do (assuming a PC here) is go to START, settings, control panel, add and remove programs.  Then you find Second Life Viewer and SLPlugin and uninstall them from your computer. 

Third, if I may ask, what about Second Life did you not enjoy?  Did you try it for a couple of days?  Did you join thinking it was a fighting game?  Was it too hard to figure out how to do things?  I'm curious.