Why does Phoenix crash while trying to log in?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Oh.

It sounds like your installation of Phoenix is seriously borked.  If I were you, I'd consider wiping all traces of the current installation off of the machine and starting fresh with a newly downloaded copy. Reinstallation can be tricky for some people, especially if they have several viewers loaded.  Unless you start with a clean slate, you can be inheriting a lot of damaged stuff.

Follow these instructions for doing a clean re-install >>>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=clean_reinstall so that you get not only the program files but also the user settings files.  Your account information, inventory, etc... are all safe on LL's servers. Reinstalling will connect you to them again and will reconstruct your local files and cache.

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

Oh.

It sounds like your installation of Phoenix is seriously borked.  If I were you, I'd consider wiping all traces of the current installation off of the machine and starting fresh with a newly downloaded copy. Reinstallation can be tricky for some people, especially if they have several viewers loaded.  Unless you start with a clean slate, you can be inheriting a lot of damaged stuff.

Follow these instructions for doing a clean re-install >>>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=clean_reinstall so that you get not only the program files but also the user settings files.  Your account information, inventory, etc... are all safe on LL's servers. Reinstalling will connect you to them again and will reconstruct your local files and cache.

• Like 2

Hi, I don't know the cause or answer, but I have a thought or two. In V2, when it tells you that the settings have been set to recommended levels, this is after you log in? I see that message whenever I do a new update. The part where it says it cannot fill in your username and password, will it let you type them in manually? I have mine set so I don't have to type them in each time, but if I needed to, I could. Just some ideas until a better idea comes along.

• Like 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.